• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

engine and transmission recommendation

Damien B.

Local time
4:43 PM
Reaction score
Hello,
I m currently thinking of removing my old tired 360 on my satellite for a new small block, either a 360 or a 408 but being from Europe it s quite expensive due to customs and oversea freight, so if i m going to invest that much money into it i might as well also get a new TF727 to handle the new engine so i m here to ask for advice and recomandation on wich engine builder is reliable and can be trusted in order to not throw money in the toilet placing an order on an unreliable or poor quality.

I saw that blueprint engine advertise here offer the whole package i m looking for but can they be trusted when it comes to transmission.

Thanks for the link the engines shown in your link look like the standart ATK you can see on summit or rockauto

I ve also been looking at PIE performance injection equipement, did anyone deal with them they can also offer a combo engine+transmission

Why not rebuild the old 360? IMO you’ll know exactly what goes into it then.. and it may cost less in the long run... if it’s just needing a refresh go for it.. damaged block that is deemed no repairable ( windowed block) is another story..

I though of it but I dont have the space to rebuild either a transmission or an engine, also i dont have the knowledge or technical competence to rebuild it. Beside importing the parts and dealing with the various custom fee for every parts then finding a mechanic with the skill to rebuild it will cost me more than a new turn key engine+transmission

well after having been stonewalled by blueprint engine after asking for a quotation and some informations and never receiving an email i think i will be going with performance injection equipement from delaware.
Anyone from the state dealt with them ? they seem to have decent reviews, crossing my fingers hoping not to go for an unreliable builder

Hello,
I m currently thinking of removing my old tired 360 on my satellite for a new small block, either a 360 or a 408 but being from Europe it s quite expensive due to customs and oversea freight, so if i m going to invest that much money into it i might as well also get a new TF727 to handle the new engine so i m here to ask for advice and recomandation on wich engine builder is reliable and can be trusted in order to not throw money in the toilet placing an order on an unreliable or poor quality.

I saw that blueprint engine advertise here offer the whole package i m looking for but can they be trusted when it comes to transmission.
I'm sure it's too late at this point, but BluePrint Engines does offer everything from base 408's to complete engine/trans packages. Sorry that someone dropped the ball on communication. I'm always avail for forum guys, but sometimes I don't get the notification emails.

https://blueprintengines.com/collec...ting-at-6-399-00-br-roller-cam-and-valvetrain

Thanks for taking the time to answer
like you guessed i ve already place an order elsewhere

Auto Transport Service
Back