• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine bay pictures of stock 68 440 Charger

AA1 68 R/T

Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
Would anyone be willing to share some engine bay pictures of 68 charger 440. Looking in the areas of washer bottles and hoses, wiring harnesses,throttle return spring along with kick down spring and linkage and battery cables. Please and thank you in advance

I'm sure someone can and will help you out, but you should spend some/many hours browsing the members restoration section of the forum. Many members have spent countless hours documenting correct OE builds there and while the Charger may have some slight variances to other B bodies for the most part the engine compartments are the same.

Last edited:
I'm sure someone can and will help you out, but you should spend some/many hours browsing the members restoration section of the forum. Many members have spent countless hours documenting correct OE builds there and while the Charger may have some slight variances to other B bodies for the most part the engine compartments are for the most part the same.
Will do. Thank you for the advice.

I'll try to post some later today

Search the web.. This is supposed to be an untouched survivor car. But looks to be a 383 car.

1968-Dodge-Charger-engine.jpg

Here is another untouched survivor. Other than the heater core hose bypass.
269758548_731612651562647_4501339648649788623_n-1024x768.jpg

Last edited:
20221218_100243.jpg
20221218_100218.jpg
20221218_100438.jpg

Neg cable end, as well as return spring bracket and intake surface were bare metal prior to painting engine to provide good ground and gets sandwiched between the two. AVS2 is only used for cruising/local shows, but the original restored 4429S is basically identical.

Does the kickdown spring going into the hole at the rear of the kickdown rod? Someone installed a clip in that hole instead of the spring.
Yes the spring hooks into the hole in the rod.

Auto Transport Service
Back