• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine colors

POR-15 makes a very nice very smooth very forgiving Tourquoise with excellent heat resistance and a nice semi gloss finish

The same goes for the Orange (especially with an extra carb...:yes:

70 500 convertible 008.JPG

Every 1969 318 that I have ever seen was Red.

Same here - someone could have swapped in a later engine into your 69 ? Or maybe it was a really late production car ? might have gotten blue instead of red ?

The poly in my 66 is blue currently - but the previous owner claimed he pulled it and painted it to make it blend in with the car better as it is a blue on blue vert.

My 68 # matching Road Runner had a Turqoise 383 HP in it. And i had a 69 Satellite 318 and it was red. Both of the cars where unrestored and un molested. And this was 25 years ago.

My 68 RR 383 HP came turquoise. I know others have already said this about the 383 HP's but I see the list was never changed.

Orange didn't appear on High Perf. engines till 1-1-69, I have seen 1969 model year cars with factory Magnum that were Turquoise painted, but they all had late 1968 build dates.

the 318 that came out of my 69 convertible is blue and it's numbers matching motor and i bought a 69 hardtop today with a numbers matching 318 and it's blue

My 1 owner, all original documented 116K mile survivor Satellite with a 318 is blue as well, so I dont belive the red 318 in 69 story, unless it split somewhere that year.

Out of curiosity there is a 70 Monaco 500(supposed to be a 500) on ebay with a E63 coded 383 Magnum all original crud an all and it has a turquoise motor WITHOUT A/C, & Checking the Hamtramck registry TSB for 1970 Dodge they show 383 4BBls both in Orange & Turquoise. Now I know some 69's with AIR in B Bodies are Turquoise, but does this hold true into 1970? And then with a NON A/C car??? like the Monaco, If it wasn't coded E63 I would think it was a low horse 383 4bbl?

Out of curiosity there is a 70 Monaco 500(supposed to be a 500) on ebay with a E63 coded 383 Magnum all original crud an all and it has a turquoise motor WITHOUT A/C, & Checking the Hamtramck registry TSB for 1970 Dodge they show 383 4BBls both in Orange & Turquoise. Now I know some 69's with AIR in B Bodies are Turquoise, but does this hold true into 1970? And then with a NON A/C car??? like the Monaco, If it wasn't coded E63 I would think it was a low horse 383 4bbl?

E63= 383-4bbl not whether it is the HP version or not. ALL 383-4bbls, regardless of horsepower rating (A body, B body and C body) code E63.

The standard ' 70 C body 383-4 would be turquoise.

Now I know some 69's with AIR in B Bodies are Turquoise, but does this hold true into 1970?

ALL 69 B bodies with A/C would be turqouise as there was no orange 335 horse assembly with A/C for 69. The guidelines for 70 B bodies are completly different than 69.

E63= 383-4bbl not whether it is the HP version or not. ALL 383-4bbls, regardless of horsepower rating (A body, B body and C body) code E63.

The standard ' 70 C body 383-4 would be turquoise.

ALL 69 B bodies with A/C would be turqouise as there was no orange 335 horse assembly with A/C for 69. The guidelines for 70 B bodies are completly different than 69.

Thanks! I never really got into the C bodies other than back in the day pulling the drivetrains out and shipping em off...sorry C body guys.

67 orange

Well, I have a single owner "now two owner" 1967 Satellite, 3 speed on the tree, manual drum brakes, dealer installed A/C when purchased new, 2 door car. It has over 40 years worth of dirt on the engine and tranny and it is most positively ORANGE! I have all the original purchase agreements from the dealer, the order / options sheet when first ordered, the mint certi card, owners manual, Dealer installed A/C manuals, all vehicle registrations since new, even the ratty remains of the build sheet from under the rear seat. This car has never been touched and in very good condition... I'm certain the engine has never been out of the car to be re-painted. The Old Man "now in a nursing home" used it as a daily driver and had a hitch installed to pull a camper around. It is a Texas car with just over 85,000 miles on it now.
So I guess there are always exceptions to all the documentations and "facts".
Just my .02 worth
:yes:

Hmm my #'s matching 318 in my Satellite is red or orange. Unless the previous owner did that but i doubt it since it's mostly flaked off and showing the bare block no trace of blue...

The most consistent thing about Mopars are the inconsistencies.

This is what is great about pulling everyones resources together and sharing, we all learn a little more each day!

THANKS GUYS!

Auto Transport Service
Back