• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine Compartment Decals placement

John H

Local time
7:04 AM
Reaction score
Looking for the locations and right decals for the engine compartment for my 67 Coronet 440 with a 383. Anti freeze etc. Also, their apperas to be one on the underside of the hood that was painted over.

c

Pictures from my 67 Satellite 383 car. First one is prior to restoration showing original decals and locations. 2 & 3 are repro decals I put on after resto 30 yrs ago - now well worn from the hood seal.

1987-005.jpeg
20230816_210212.jpg
20230816_210221.jpg

I don't see the battery decal in the original pic and don't remember if there were any remnants or evidence that it was ever there prior to resto. My unrestored 67 Belvedere II (318 car) only has the large decal on the far left in pics 1 & 2 as do pics I have from another 67 Satellite I used to have. Hope this helps.

It does. Thank you. So the decals go on the left side? anyone else have anything?

Most of the time the antifreeze decals are on the drivers side of the core support, but I have seen them on the passenger side. You have a engine setting decal about 2 inches from the fender tag, and an air cleaner decal usually on the drivers side of the air cleaner. I have never had one with a battery decal, even the one I bought new.

All great information. Thank you. How about one on the underside of the hood on the drivers side? Like I said, It has been painted over it's about 2" x 2".

Do you have an example? I cannot find any repro ones? They start at 68 and go up from there.
Thank you!

Auto Transport Service
Back