• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine harness difference 69 and 70 chargers

Bighouse

Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
I’ve got a small block charger. This is the way I bought the car:

Engine is a 340. It has an HEI (GM style) distributor and the charging system has what seems to be a 70 regulator box. The mechanical regulator has been deleted.

The engine harness has been cut up all over and modified. Over the winter I’m looking to pull and reseal/paint the engine and do the engine bay.

I want to replace the engine harness. I want to be the one who modified it so I know it won’t leave me stranded.

I realized a 1970 small block harness may be the way to go with the changes to the charging system. I’d prefer to leave it with the newer system.

What are the differences between the 69 and 70 318 harnesses?

Thanks!

I’ve got a small block charger. This is the way I bought the car:

Engine is a 340. It has an HEI (GM style) distributor and the charging system has what seems to be a 70 regulator box. The mechanical regulator has been deleted.

The engine harness has been cut up all over and modified. Over the winter I’m looking to pull and reseal/paint the engine and do the engine bay.

I want to replace the engine harness. I want to be the one who modified it so I know it won’t leave me stranded.

I realized a 1970 small block harness may be the way to go with the changes to the charging system. I’d prefer to leave it with the newer system.

What are the differences between the 69 and 70 318 harnesses?

Thanks!
YearOne #HU182B (1970 318 with electronic voltage regulator) $154:
1966-74 A B E-Body Engine Harness

Auto Transport Service
Back