• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enuff talk, I'm gonna DO IT!

Jonnyuma

Local time
12:27 PM
Reaction score
Time for a big-block. I've been kicking the idea around for months, weighing the pros and cons of stroking my 360 vs screwing together a similarly hp-rated stock stroke bb. The big-block finally won. What I'm wondering is if anybody here has actually done it. Since these things (Cordobas) came with 400s we know a bb will fit physically but, is the K-member the same sb to bb? I can't imagine the trans tunnel needing modification, even though I'll be changing trannys, too. Obviously the mounts will need to be replaced, but what about the radiator? Is the sb unit gonna be sufficient? This won't be a huge hp application, somewhere between 375 and 400 horse, stock-ish TNT specs. Just looking for any advice available from someone whose DONE it and made it work. I'm not married to the idea of a 440, I just happen to be most familiar with RBs as opposed to the B big-blocks. Why a big-block? One word;TORQUE. Thanks for any help, advice, tips, and/or shortcuts. Jonny Y.

I think the v8 k frame is the same no matter what,u will need new motor mounts though.

check with schmucher they probably can help with your conversion questions and mounts
Ralph

the SB and BB k members are different, follow Ralph's advice and get a swap kit.

Have you concidered BOOST???????????You could stay with a small block and have a hellava more go power than a conservitive build on a big block:sleepy2:

I certainly HAVE considered boost. Even went so far as to check some prices. Uh, YIKES. As appealing as the idea of a blown small block is to me, the cost is waaaay out there, and I don't know nearly enough to try to piece one together from used parts.

Auto Transport Service
Back