• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Esther’s thread

@JDmac72chrgr, as promised...

087409CF-D20A-4C80-90A5-A3032F894685.jpeg

For when they're older - not really worth it, as fast as they grow, but....

When my elder son was about 18 months, we got him a battery quad bike.....one of those Chinese plastic ride-on types. It was 6-volt powered and he loved it. One of my colleagues suggested it needed a reverse switch....so I installed one - what a game changer. That switch was used all the time. The quad lasted about 10 years between my boys, and another couple after that with cousins.

2013-03-19 08.56.13.jpg

My son when he was 3 (1989), now 36!! First thing he did was hit the hi button!!! His oldest, now 14, did the same but we had disconnected the fast button!!! Branch does fall far from the tree!
OK OK, bring on the "socks" comments!!
Just like @kiwigtx , quad had its handaround but got it back & still have it!!
Enjoy lil one while little, they DO grow FAST!!! My oldest granddaughter will be 7 in December, and she wears MAKEUP already!! HELP!!

View attachment 1369919
My son when he was 3 (1989), now 36!! First thing he did was hit the hi button!!! His oldest, now 14, did the same but we had disconnected the fast button!!! Branch does fall far from the tree!
OK OK, bring on the "socks" comments!!
Just like @kiwigtx , quad had its handaround but got it back & still have it!!
Enjoy lil one while little, they DO grow FAST!!! My oldest granddaughter will be 7 in December, and she wears MAKEUP already!! HELP!!
Makeup already? Oh no! :lol:

You are so right they grow up so fast. If I could, I’d go back and do it all over with my own. Miss those days. And time just keeps on going…

what a lil' Cutie too...

never too young to start

Great pictures, brought back a lot of memories. Bought all the kids power wheels when they were little and made or bought a couple go carts when they were older. Taught them all to drive. My oldest (38) always liked sticks, said she was bored with an auto. Let her shift my 87 D150 starting at about 8. I must have taught her right, I never had to replace a clutch for her. Her first was a Dodge Shadow ES, V6, 5 speed. She let her cousin borrow it, and he blew a hole through the bell housing. Said he didn’t know what happened. Her last was a Focus, had about 180,000 on it, she didn’t want to get rid of it. The body was too far gone. Good times guys, it does go by way too fast!

My daughter sent this to my wife and I earlier today. Our granddaughter (Esther) looking out the window seeing her first snowfall ever.

3826790E-A978-41A7-A116-46D34F407C3E.jpeg

Last edited:
When they're that age, they're born in a new world everyday. Too cute!! Thanks for sharing!

New grandkids, you dont stand a chance.
Our 1st granddaughter came to our place Straight from the hospital along with my daughter.
They were here 2 yrs, to this day she is like another daughter to me.
Yep, they are special.

New grandkids, you dont stand a chance.
Our 1st granddaughter came to our place Straight from the hospital along with my daughter.
They were here 2 yrs, to this day she is like another daughter to me.
Yep, they are special.
Yup, she’s throwing darts in my heart for sure.

Esther - 1
Grandpa - 0

No chance for grandpa. Lol

You guys really make this a great place to be a part of. Thank you.
- Nick
YOU make this a great place to be part of. I'm living vicariously through you. You I like!!!!! Lol

She'll learn to hate it :poke:
I loved snow when I was lil' dude too

cute photo

grampa has no chance :lol:

Don't ever look a baby in the eye, they can turn you to stone, lol. Babies scare me, including my daughter, glad she's almost 7, besides my daughter I refuse to hold them, don't know why but they freak me out lol. Cute as heck though.

She'll learn to hate it :poke:
I loved snow when I was lil' dude too

cute photo

grampa has no chance :lol:
I’d be ok with snow if:
1) I didn’t have to move it so often when it arrives.
2) It was warm sometimes (come on, meet me half way at least) lol

Was a whole lot more fun during a time in life when snow was just some stuff to play in.
:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back