• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EX racer on ebay 1963 plymouth Gunsmoke NOT MINE

stage3

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
NOT MINE ! on ebay right now. who was it ?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/374174308097?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160727114228&meid=9d9ff463e6bb4461a75bd916c8b66c78&pid=100290&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=374174308097&itm=374174308097&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2060778&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Odd listing...no description whatsoever... interior looks like it was redone yesterday, not even a seat belt in it!!

Don Garlits approved lol!

The article says he "once owned" the car. The pics in the ad don't look like Ocala, FL, and the red truck next to the car in one photo has a front tag on it....not required in FL.

it says in item description (shipping)
Located in Huntington Station NY state

strange add

By the VIN I do not think it is a factory Max. It was built in Newark and all Maxs were built in Detroit. And it is not listed in Darrell Davis's source book. Although the engine wiring harness arrangement appears correct, there is no hole for the choke cable assembly in the dash.

The car is a clone.Has some local racing but never a winner.The currant owner picked up the car for a tree cutting dance.Rust is starting to show,the seats were shot so that is all he had redone.
Buyer beware!!

.Rust is starting to show,the seats were shot so that is all he had redone.
Buyer beware!!
yep,,rust is starting to show in alot of places that will need to be immediately addressed, and it looks like it has been sitting for several years which means the drive train, brakes, wiring, hoses, etc will have to be gone thru...i have seen racers in ready to go shape for alot less than 35K. 63 dodge max wedge racer with certified cage ready to go down the track, 25K/ Offer, mopars at the strip Vegas ....

New seller on eBay too. Always a big RED FLAG...

This car does run well as my crew chief went through the carbs and ran the valves. He was offered $15K LOCALLY but thinks of Barret & Mecham.
Engine was built by Jerry Stein.
thumbnail (4)1.jpg
thumbnail (10).jpg
thumbnail (18).jpg
thumbnail (20).jpg
thumbnail (21).jpg

It may have been there for a while.
I think i saw that ad when this first post hit here.....gotta love how the internet has changed.... very few dates or visitor counters anymore on anything.... BTW, gotta love the range, pay $25k, $35k, 50k, whatever you wanna give.... scary!!

Car was owned by a friend of mine in the late 90's or 2000. Emedio DeMarco was his name. "Gunsmoke" ran almost identical numbers to our '63 "FRUSTRATION". Low 11's. Last I saw a guy in NY owned it. This car used to be really clean. My dad nearly bought it when Emedio sold it. Yes, Jerry Stein engine back in the day.

Auto Transport Service
Back