• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Excelerator pedal attachment

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:10 PM
Reaction score
I noticed a perfect rectangle clean area on the outside of the two mounting studs of the accelerator pedal. This implies there was a backing plate there before the factory undercoating. I don’t recall taking it off but there was non factory carpet installed sometime ago. I looked at the FSM but don’t see any plate but also doesn’t show the screws. So maybe the assembly drawing isn’t complete here.

Was there a plate on these? If so any pics would be helpful.

Thank you MF

IMG_0162.jpeg

IMG_0163.jpeg

I don't recall a backing plate on my '68, and it had original carpet in it.

I just finished putting mine back in my 69 Coronet which has pristine original floor pans in it and there was no plate and no indication that there ever was one.

Although my car is earlier vintage, no backing plate on mine. Don't know why one would be necessary just affixing the base of the pedal. Looks like someone cut out the undercoating that was once there for some reason.

My 1964 Polara has a plate there with a roll over on two sides to capture the speedo cable and park cable. It definitely looks like something had been there, but after 1965, there would no longer be a park cable to capture.

Zooming in on ot my best guess is, it was scraped by a PO

Auto Transport Service
Back