• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust heat riser &HP

pedal2themetal

Local time
8:11 AM
Reaction score
HI, I'm looking to have the heat riser cut out on my stock exhaust manifolds with fresh duel's installed. They want 300 to cut it out.. My question is .. is the heat riser taking power away in exhaust restriction. Weather or not is it worth removing ??

Thanks take care, be safe.
tim

That is the they saw you coming price. I don't think there is a performance difference one way or the other. It's easy to tie open or take the heat spring off and wedge it open if you want it open all the time.

Tying the heat riser open on a Mopar with wire was one of the first automotive things I learned to do as a 17 year old. Save yourself the $300.

HI , Yeah I was thinking once its open there isn't much influence on flow. It seam's to operate very easy.. so I might just leave it alone for now..
Thank's all for the reply's ... I would rather spend $$ on headers down the line..
Thanks again Take care, Be safe
tim

HI , Yeah I was thinking once its open there isn't much influence on flow. It seam's to operate very easy.. so I might just leave it alone for now..
Thank's all for the reply's ... I would rather spend $$ on headers down the line..
Thanks again Take care, Be safe
tim
And your exhaust manifolds are worth more complete and working.

A lot of people wired them open because they rattled......

Yep, wire it open. Taking it out completely won't be horsepower increase.

Auto Transport Service
Back