• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust help needed - Headers or HP Manifolds?

I would agree with acudanut to an extent. I've heard that the stock HP manifolds flow just as good as headers as long as they are the 2 1/2" flange. Yes the weight is/possibly a consideration, but how much of a difference for a normal street ride? And you can dress them up and have them ceramic coated to different colors, metal gray is my preference, and the coating helps in reducing under hood temps. Besides, I'm a purist and try to keep a stock look to my cars.

maybe shorty headers other than that , hp and shorty headers are rated for stock type engines .

Wow, I can't believe some of the stuff I read on the net sometimes! there is plenty of documented proof that headers are much more efficient than any and I do mean any factory manifold hp or not it is a fact get over it! I have had both and I know it to be true. as for a big block car I would run the headers on your car for sure as it is not stock anyways! you will see a large improvement in torque and probably fuel economy. I speak from personal experience anyone who says otherwise is either not telling the truth or has no idea how to tune an engine. as for changing plugs it is easier on a big block with headers but harder on a smallblock if you use cheapo headers, plenty easy if you use tti's if you are not doing a correct resto to please the wine and cheese crowd then do what makes you happy and works the best.

Auto Transport Service
Back