• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

F9 anyone ?

hdwrench

Local time
9:08 AM
Reaction score
so i found f9 on a 1970 chrysler color chart , looks like an interesting color ! anyone have any experience with f9? pics welcome!

00536C6F-1602-405A-9240-7BE1025C5271.png

14EC0415-1FCD-4A12-8BF4-0768DDCB360C.jpeg

Experience in what sense ? F8 was a very popular color back in the day. We used to joke in the garage if it's Mopar, it must be green.

I’ve never seen F9. It may be Chrysler or Imperial only. It looks darker than F8, almost black. I’d prefer that as the original color on my Charger. But I’m still set on Plum Crazy.

F9 looks like baby poop with spinach. :lol: :lol:

I’ve never seen F9. It may be Chrysler or Imperial only. It looks darker than F8, almost black. I’d prefer that as the original color on my Charger. But I’m still set on Plum Crazy.
Right you are. Chrysler and Imperial only.
1690643119765.png

I know there were other colors that only were supposed to be available on the Chrysler/Imperial cars. I think in ‘69 there was an exclusive silver. But I think I remember a ‘69 road runner that had a 999 code and got it.
There's a dark silver that was only available in the Chrysler/Imperial line. A9 was the code.
1690644316771.png

everything I own and like is green lol.......

I wonder how close it is to 67-68 GG1

toolman , are you sure that is f9? i’m thinking at low light it would view as black , till the sun hits it ….

toolman , are you sure that is f9? i’m thinking at low light it would view as black , till the sun hits it ….
Yep. 99% sure. You can see the green in the front end shot when the light hits it. I got the photo from FCBO. My 1969 Imperial LeBaron
1690646504456.png

Last edited:
Actually 67 and 68 GG1’s were a different shade. The painter had the two colours side but side on a sample piece of metal. We stayed with the 67 GG1.

you may be right, ........ but there tends to be a lot of variations of all these old colors.....they were all single stage, as opposed to base/clear; so the formulas are completely different....... plus variations between manufacturers back in the day

I'd like to see the original 67 and 68 formula from the same company in a side by side comparison

is a nice color, i am currently working on a project , i will definitely consider f9 when painting time arrives…

I like it F9 Dark Emerald Green Poly
is a lt like the 1968 GG1 (Dark) Forest Green Poly Plymouth colors
or 1968 GG1 (Dark) Racing Green Poly Dodge colors PPG palet

1968 Plymouth
Mopar Paint Chips 1968-Plymouth-pc.jpg

68 Dodge
Mopar Paint Chips 1968-Dodge-pc.jpg

Mopar Paint Chips 1969-Chrysler-pc.jpg

Mopar Paint Chips 1970-Chrysler-pc.jpg

Last edited:
you may be right, ........ but there tends to be a lot of variations of all these old colors.....they were all single stage, as opposed to base/clear; so the formulas are completely different....... plus variations between manufacturers back in the day

I'd like to see the original 67 and 68 formula from the same company in a side by side comparison
Both were PPG, same person mixed them at the same time.

Auto Transport Service
Back