• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fair Price on Magnum 500 wheels?

If you use factory F/M/J parts for a disk conversion, 14" wheels will fit.

Again, NO issues finding 14 1nd 15" tires.

If you use factory F/M/J parts for a disk conversion, 14" wheels will fit.

Again, NO issues finding 14 1nd 15" tires.
Okay, since ive got 14x8" rims, i would like a tire with about a ten or eleven inch section, nine inch tread, about 28 or 29 tall, NOT a mud and snow off roader, and a drag radial would be nice. Where can i find one?
(Im not trying to be argumentative, im just trying to point out that selection of 14s in wide, or good traction, is severely limited. Looked thru a paper catalog from summit for wide, good traction tires. There were a couple hundred in fifteen inch sizes, ONE in fourteen inch.
Yes, you can get simple ordinary tires in 14". I dont want them)
Heck, i even found five different sizes of 13"slicks, NO 14's.

Last edited:
Milestar Streetsteel is a pretty good tire in 14 inch sizes. White letter too! Around $100 a tire.
upload_2021-6-23_14-2-40.png

Super wide 14in tires are hard to come by, you usually have to get a NOS pair. But anything for a 14x7 or 14x6 you can get at Walmart or eBay for cheap.

I was just pricing 225 and 235 70 15 truck tires.

There are hundreds of both sizes available.

There are also hundreds of 14s.

I usually only price RWL, and there are at least three brands (not counting Korean) on ebay.

I get tired (see what I did there) of people saying others need to buy 17" wheels because you can't find 14 and 15 inch tires any more.

It's just not true.

What size, specifically are you looking for to use with an 8" rim?

The truck rims I'm buying for are 15x8 an have 225 or 235 width tires currently.

My Dakota R/T has 17x9 rims and calls for 255.

I had 235 60 14 RWL Cooper on the front of my Satellite on 14x7 Magnum 500's before I put the rallye wheels on it. Pretty easy to find.

If you want "more" of a performance tire (The Coopers and the Mastercrafts are technically better than current BFG T/A), check out the offerings from Hankook.

Heck , 14 , 15 , going down the street good luck telling the difference.
Even walking up to a car your going to have to read the side wall to tell.
True the tire selection is better for 15s .

Although I have an A Body (specifically a 65 Dart wagon) and will be using an A Body 8,75 with a Mustang-based LBP rear disc setup. I’ve always read 14 inch wheels wouldn’t clear rear discs. A 14 inch Rallye wheel sure wouldn’t. Wonder of wonders but a 14 inch Magnum cleared by the 1/4 of an inch the rear calipers.

I picked up a set of 15" Ford Magnum 500 wheels for Charger #2 for $400.00 including the tires. I then added the standard Mopar centers.

20200919_150810.jpg 20200919_150659.jpg

That is a good benchmark price I think for the 15 inch size. Thanks and they look nice!

Most of my old cars run 14 on the front and 15 on the rear.

No problem at all buying 14 and 15" (even RWL) tires via ebay.

Chrome rim "road wheels" (Magnum 500) were available on pre-1969 Mopars and also offered aftermarket under that "Magnum 500" name brand.

Mopar never offered a 15" in the chrome rim style, but ford did and they work.

The wheels were known as Road Wheels by Chrysler. The wheels with trim rings and were available in 69 and up The full chrome wheels were also known also as Road Wheel sand were offered by the factory up until 68 and were actually Magnum 500’s.

The price he is asking is pretty good considering that the centers and retainers would cost over $400 new.
The 14" magnum 500 wheels with (brushed stainless) trim rings from the 1974 Mopar parts catalog. Loud and clear. They should not have any chrome ring on it.

Magnum 500 wheel part no..jpg

Most of my old cars run 14 on the front and 15 on the rear.

No problem at all buying 14 and 15" (even RWL) tires via ebay.

Chrome rim "road wheels" (Magnum 500) were available on pre-1969 Mopars and also offered aftermarket under that "Magnum 500" name brand.

Mopar never offered a 15" in the chrome rim style, but ford did and they work.

@74ChargerSE440

What do you disagree with?

Probably a phone scroller YY1, as for "value" I got all of this for $400 Canuck bucks and a 3 hour drive about 4 years ago.
magnum500roadwheels 001.JPG
magnum500roadwheels 009.JPG
magnum500roadwheels 010.JPG

Uh, not really.

"Magnum 500" was the term used by the manufacturer- Motor Wheel, for the ones they sold in the aftermarket.

"Road Wheel" was the term Chrysler corp used.

Over the years, hobbyists started calling all of them Magnum 500.

It's kind of a technicality, and I call them Magnum 500 too, but my post is not incorrect.

Uh, not really.

"Magnum 500" was the term used by the manufacturer- Motor Wheel, for the ones they sold in the aftermarket.

"Road Wheel" was the term Chrysler corp used.

Over the years, hobbyists started calling all of them Magnum 500.

It's kind of a technicality, and I call them Magnum 500 too, but my post is not incorrect.
Uh, I then do not agree :). I checked again. According to the 1973-1974 Mopar parts manual (see snippet!)..."Mag(num) 500 wheels part no 3580 065! Check the part no on my rim! No chrome and wiith the trim rings. Loud and clear :). Case closed!

Magnum 500 wheel part no..jpg

20221226_200326.jpg

1974_dodge_charger_20220827_142037-34041.jpg

To my recollection the all chrome Mopar wheels were Magnum 500's, and starting in 69 the Magnum style wheels with trim rings were Road Wheels. My 2 cents worth.

To my recollection the all chrome Mopar wheels were Magnum 500's, and starting in 69 the Magnum style wheels with trim rings were Road Wheels. My 2 cents worth.
Please refer to the Mopar parts catalogue. Loud and clear. In writing on official paper... All confusion settled, not?

20230109_000432.jpg

Call them what you want. We are all talking about the same thing. It's not a big deal. That's in the parts catalog, but some Mopar advertising differs.

I call Magnum 500'S with the chrome edge the Ford wheel and the Road wheel for the Mopar wheels with brushed trim rings.

Auto Transport Service
Back