• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fair Price on Magnum 500 wheels?

if you want to argue more technicalities- then you are wrong again as the photo clearly says "mag 500".

Now we are even on "disagrees".

I'd rather nether of us have any but now we can potentially agree to disagree.

I'll remove mine if you remove yours.

Please refer to the Mopar parts catalogue. Loud and clear. In writing on official paper... All confusion settled, not?

View attachment 1399263
Actually if you look at a ‘74 Charger sales brochure they refer to them a Magnum Road Wheels with a chrome trim ring available in 14” but interestingly enough it also shows that a 15” chrome Road Wheel was also available. FYI, I have never come across a Mopar factory equipped with a 15” chrome Magnum. It goes to show you that the guys writing the sales brochures didn’t talk to the guys writing the parts catalog.

Actually if you look at a ‘74 Charger sales brochure they refer to them a Magnum Road Wheels with a chrome trim ring available in 14” but interestingly enough it also shows that a 15” chrome Road Wheel was also available. FYI, I have never come across a Mopar factory equipped with a 15” chrome Magnum. It goes to show you that the guys writing the sales brochures didn’t talk to the guys writing the parts catalog.
Parts catalogues are mostly dry and naked facts, for many people unbearable. But then the marketing lets our brain spin around so we buy stuff we want but don't need.

Road Wheels? What does that actually mean? LOL...

I stay with Mopar's parts catalogue. The official binder. Mind the official parts catalogue is from 1974 (sales code W23). Other years, other marketing vocabulair and tricks to pursuade the emotional thinking human species. Nothing to agree or disagree on. Not seen the labeling Mag 500 in the 1969 catalogue. The same (bit smaller) wheels with trim rings were just called 'Chrome Wheels' (part no: 2944162, Belvedere and Coronet, 14"x5,5 not 14"x6 as in 1973-74). Nothing musculin or sexy in the name, as a trigger to develop any unleashed desire. I do not know about other years.

I am happy with my 14" Mag(num) 500 wheels :).

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back