• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fan schroud for 67

Status
Not open for further replies.

74360DUSTER

Local time
2:58 PM
Reaction score
i am looking for a fan shroud for my 1967 dodge coronet.my radiator has 2 mounting studs on each side of it for a shroud. if anyone has one i would be happy to purchase one.thanks jeremy

:penguins paint pixi:penguins paint pixiHey Jeremy, I'm parting out a '66 Ply. Belv. factory a/c car that I believe has a shroud that should be the same for either '66 or '67. I'll look to see what shape it's in. Do you still need one?

yes i do. measure the mouting holes from top to bottom and across. i want to make sure it will fit. and also that someone did not change the radiator in my car at one time or another.
thanks again

if you would both measure across the top mounting holes and the up and down measurements on the mounting and let me know. i really need a shroud. my car does fine down he hwy but will get hot at stop lights. so i am limited to where i can take the family..

shroud

:penguins paint pixi:penguins paint pixiHey Jeremy, I'm parting out a '66 Ply. Belv. factory a/c car that I believe has a shroud that should be the same for either '66 or '67. I'll look to see what shape it's in. Do you still need one?

65BMan-
If Duster doesn't end up needing the shroud you have, let me know....I have a '66 Belv and could use one. I'd rather go with something original as opposed to buying a fiberglass one fron YearOne.

-JT

I'm still here

Sorry I haven't had a chance to look at the shroud. Please be patient-been working a butt load of overtime. Thanks!

thats ok. i need a shroud. but glad to know you are still employed unlike some of our colleagues. just let me know when you get some measurements. thanks a bunch.

What engine is this for? I should have one from a 67 Satellite with a 318.

shroud

I went out to check the condition of the shroud on the 66 belv. last night and I'm sad to say but it bares some damage that could be fiberglassed, but you might want to seek another one. I didn't remember it having a crack that bad. Then again I'm not the spring chicken I used to be. This one might could be used for a really big game of washers. Lol! My brother might have one. I will check with him. He used to have a 66Belv.

are you sure theres not 2 studs on the passenger side and 3 on the drivers

are you sure theres not 2 studs on the passenger side and 3 on the drivers

that is what my radiator has. 3 on the drivers side and 2 on the passenger side. i need a shroud to fit this. any help would be appreciated. i am limited to where i can drive my car. it will over heat. i really do not want to put a electric fan on the car.

shroud

Duster-Not sure if this helps.....I just purchased a 26" shroud for my belvedere from YearOne. My radiator has the 3 hole/ 2 hole configuration that you mentioned. I haven't yet installed it but the measurements are as follows
Horizontal from center of holes = 27.5 inches
Vertical distance between holes on side with 2 studs= 7.5"
Vertical distance between holes on side with 3 studs= 4.5" and approx 6.25"
Sometime this weekend I'll try to get it installed. From initial glance it looked like I might need to make some adjustments on the side with 3 studs.

-JT

hyper-please let me know what happens with yours. as i need one in a bad way. what is the cost on one. thanks
jeremy

hyper-please let me know what happens with yours. as i need one in a bad way. what is the cost on one. thanks
jeremy

Will do. I was hoping to have it at least "mocked up" using cardboard template by now, but I've had a brutal cold since Sunday that has put me out of commission. I will let you know something as soon as I can. It wasn't cheap, it cost around $150. Looks to be good quality, made of a flexible plastic that looks nice.
-JT

YearOne shroud

Jeremy- Bad new on the YearOne shroud I got (26"). Once I looked at it carefully, and made up a quick cardboard mock up to see if the holes will line up, I realized the horizontal measurement for the holes was too great. I contacted YearOne to see if anything else they have might work, but the 22'' shroud isn't long enough horizontally (at least based upon the measurement of the holes)
The guy from YearOne said he runs into this a lot with chryslers....something about if they didn't come with a shroud originally, you will have a hard time finding one that fits??? Not sure because my radiator surround has studs in it (like yours). A bit of a mystery.....
I measured the studs on my radiator and the are 25.5" across and 8.5" vertical between studs.
Anyway, I might end up just getting some aluminum and making something up and riveting it together.....unless I can come up with plan B

-JT

shroud update

Jeremy-
I was able to get some info on my radiator by sending an email to YearOne tech support. ....Found out my rad is a '67 C-Body 26".
Take down the 7 digit number on the top of your rad next to the pentastar and send it to [email protected] They have a list of the numbers matched to year and body style. They were very helpful to me. Might at least give you a hint what to look for for yours.
Good luck
-JT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back