• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fan washer/bearing

joseph p.

Local time
4:44 PM
Reaction score
hello to all.after thinking my screetching noise and loud vacum sound was the brake booster and ac compressor pulley,to find out it is the fan bearing /washer.i looked at it carefully and it was half out.sideways cock eyed,i removed it it has a rubber orange color gasket type washer,,also it must of just kissed my radiator ,because i now noticed a small leak squirt when i revved the throttle body right in front of the top of fan blades circular spin motion . also a small amount of movement from fan.i am happy i caught this issue, because i went on a 20 minute cruise.so can i fix this fan movement replacing the bearing/washer?or do i buy the whole fan assembly? p.s ., in the pic you can see the orange washer sticking out cockeyed ,it comes out all the way.
20160721_204425.jpg
the valuable feed back here at b bodies is highly appreciated , i love this hobby.

You need to replace the fan clutch. It looks as though you have a viscous type as I see fluid on it and the fan. Get a new one and deal with the radiator.

Auto Transport Service
Back