• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fast & take out food and the virus

The part that scares me is that we don't know if the body develops anti-bodies against the virus. If not, we're screwed. You can get it multiple times.
The part that scares me is that there are people who believe what you just wrote, and I absolutely am not attacking you.
Of course the body has antibodies against COVID-19, but they only develop once you are infected. The only other way to have antibodies against a flu, for instance, like COVID-19 is, is via vaccination or some other exposure to it.
It's the COVID-19 antibodies that they are redirecting the testing focus to, so they can get a better idea how many people have or have had it. THAT is when you will see MUCH smaller % factors of lethality, because MANY people have had it and don't know they did.
Yes, you could "get" COVID-19 "more than once" but like most flu, after the first time is over, from then on your body immediately recognizes the intruder, and has "the hounds ready" to go after it.

In other (very minor) news...
My wife and I ventured out in the GTX both days this weekend, since the weather was finally
nice enough to do so.
The GTX performed pack mule duties on Saturday as we did our store run for essentials,
where we found most items were available again (in some cases limited in quantity, sure,
but if you needed something, between the two major stores in town, you could find it).
Traffic, both vehicle and foot, were light in both instances.
I found myself, cynic and all, very frequently grabbing for sanitizer for hands and shopping carts.
WallyWorld even had someone constantly busy in the lobby sanitizing shopping carts as well;
when I asked if they had any more wipes for the empty dispenser, they said "don't need them,
we're wiping carts."
When I indicated I wanted them for my hands, she looked puzzled...
I popped open their dispenser, where sure enough, there was plenty of wipes still in there, it was
just that someone had left it with none protruding out the hole in top.
Fixed that for her....

Sunday, after road repairs from heavy thunderstorms that morning, I again got antsy and when
the wife didn't readily state a preference for dinner, I asked what drive-thru she'd be most inclined
to trust in town instead.
Her nose wrinkled up, so I declared the GTX was coming out again, this time headed to the local
(regional) burger chain who has an excellent decades-long reputation for quality and service.
Their chili dogs are a personal favorite and I had a hankering...
Their chili is an old family recipe and isn't like "Hormels in a can"; it's the old school sort, very fine
and sort of "dry". For sure not from a mix...
Out came the GTX, stopped at the local "all gas/no ethanol" station, off to Pal's we go...
Grabbed our takeout and headed for city park, where we were slightly surprised to see many folks
out with their kids and teens playing pick up games of b-ball.
Enjoyed our dinner watching kids laughing and playing out in the fresh air and pretty scenery.

Given what's been up in my world recently, any opportunity to drive the GTX is seized upon and
seeing our little corner of the world out and about regenerated frizzed nerves, if only for a bit. :thumbsup:

-- _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. Regardless, too many people are continuing to carry on with their business as if nothing is going on... --
---- Yep ! -- And that's the reason that the 20 something to 40 something age group accounts to 40+ % of reported cases. -- The Young people, for the most part, don't give a s_ _ _.

Drive thru or curb side food doesn't bother me.
The grocery stores here scare the crap out of me. We still seem to have panic buying . I feel I'm exposed far more going into the store. I ordered my groceries and will pick them up outside from now on
What stores are you going to if I may ask. I am up in the North Valley and shop mostly at Smiths in Lemmon Valley. Occasionally I hit the Wally World but seeing as how I am provisioned quite nicely, I don't venture out unless I have to and then combine my shopping for groceries and gas at that time....cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

What stores are you going to if I may ask. I am up in the North Valley and shop mostly at Smiths in Lemmon Valley. Occasionally I hit the Wally World but seeing as how I am provisioned quite nicely, I don't venture out unless I have to and then combine my shopping for groceries and gas at that time....cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:[/QUOTE
Small world.
I live off South Meadows and shop at the Smiths. I can see the parking lot is full when I'm going back and forth to work. Last time I went inside it was crowded, only half stocked and long lines. I felt I was around too many people.
My hunting buddy lives in Lemmon valley, right next to all that flooding.

Joe

Auto Transport Service
Back