• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Father-in-law's 1970 RR

I agree that 15" wheels (and bigger tires) would fill up the wheel wells much better, but those could be wheels put on by his father-in-law way back in the day. If so, then the way the car sits is "preserved" in it's day 2 configuration as set up by his father-in-law. That's cool as heck and kind of makes the rims special and way more cool.
To change and (hopefully) improve, or to keep it true to the original owner. This debate rages at my house, and apparently here, as well.

To change and (hopefully) improve, or to keep it true to the original owner. This debate rages at my house, and apparently here, as well.

So how about doing both? Buy some new wheels and tires to fill the wheel wells (I am partial to mine but obviously you should choose what you like). Use these to cruise around in. When you go to a show, put the "original day 2" wheels on and show it that way. I think they are way cool because of their history. Tell a story with your car - people will love it!

Just my 2 cents...

Hawk
20171028_165626.jpg

Welcome from NC. Great to keep the car in the family, and what a cool car at that! You need to take that picture of your Father-in-law to every show!

Hello from SE PA. Acquired my father-in-law's 1970 RR in October and have been lurking here for a while. Appreciate all the knowledge shared back and forth.

383 4-sp hardtop purchased new in 1970 while he was finishing his service with the National Guard. Lucky to find two build sheets, one under the front seat and one under the back seat, plus the original window sticker.

It hasn't seen much of the road for about 20 years, but we're looking forward to showing it off now that winter is over.
View attachment 754376 View attachment 754375 View attachment 754382
South central Pa here !! We gotta get the flock back together sometime !!

Auto Transport Service
Back