• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fave charger model year?

Best Charger model?

• Those 80's front drivers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KramerSwinger

Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
i would like top state that i know each charger in 68-70 is slightly different. im just looking for a general look into the favored model. im almost positive 68-70 will dominate, but i personally favor 71-74, 73 in particular. but then, im partial being raised around my uncles 73 charger!

I voted 68-70 because I love their body lines, but I still wouldn't trade my 72 for one.

One other thing...there WAS a Charger model after 74 before 2005 (not counting the FWD 2.2 four-banger model.) Should probably also be included in the poll.

As far body lines...1968 all the way. Those circle taillights are seriously BA! There is no denying the beauty of those soft lines on a '68-'70 mopar. I've done a few side jobs and gotten to borrow all types of cars from a '56 Corvette to '70 Challenger RT 440. I got to cruise around in a '69 Charger 383 a time or two by myself. As for driving experience..I love my '66. When you got the windows down on a cool night and those blueish electroluminencent gauges are staring back at you, Shine on you Crazy Diamond on the tuner:beavisnbutthead:....it all comes together. You feel like your floating. The first gen Charger has a ton of chrome trim in the interior..It's really a cross between a muscle car, and an early sixties space age cruiser....perfect! It's quite the eyebrow raiser. "What the hell is that?" No one even knows it's a Charger. As far as the body lines go...sometimes it looks amazing! and sometimes it looks awkward! One of many Mopars that can through you off.

I voted 68-70.... but my favorite years are '69 and '73, for obvious reasons.

Jason

I've seen several, no MANY sub 13 second 2.2 turbo FWD Chargers, with no or very little modification. How many RWD Chargers can you say that about?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're better, just fast.

They break a lot (I mean A LOT), and I don't fit in them, either.

My brother has one and he can't go a month without breaking either the transmission, or some electrical componant. Same was true of my turbo Daytona CS.

my little baby i owned since 89 and just sold this year

ians shelbdciandc.jpg

My bud in highschool has a beat up '92 Daytona. All the dummies thought it was fox body. It had the 3.0 in it. The headlinner was sagging on our heads and the turn signal switch always felt like it was gonna fall off. But we picked up a ton of chicks in that car!

I fixed that:bootyshake:

Thanks. Now we're seeing some love. lol It doesn't change my vote though First gen's are in a class by themselves. (Almost, Marlins same close, but don't have the power)

I fixed that:bootyshake:

If you're going to add the 80's front drivers, who about the 75 to whatever year they quit making them? The ones that look like a Cordoba, which were the ones I was referring to earlier.

If you're going to add the 80's front drivers, who about the 75 to whatever year they quit making them? The ones that look like a Cordoba, which were the ones I was referring to earlier.

Good point. If the original poster is going to consider new Chargers real Chargers, then list them all.

well i personally dont like any chargers post 74, and most people seem to think theyr a joke and should never have had the name plate charger on them. not my opinion, just what ive read.

my faves are 73 and 68 hands down no contest whatsoever

Good point. If the original poster is going to consider new Chargers real Chargers, then list them all.

for what its worth, i dont think of the new chargers as REAl chargers. i put it there to avoid controversy about "what bout the new 05+ ones. didnt think everyone would throw a fit over the 80's fwd ones and the luxury ones 75-.....78?

I like the 68 best as well ,then the 69 but still would not cry if a 70 fell into my hands 4 a good price.I dont even begin to like any of them after 74.I had an 07 r/t fast but not a charger in my opinion.

Auto Transport Service
Back