• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite color combos......

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
I have a few but one of the first ones was on my first car....a 66 Belvedere that was yellow with a black gut and top. IIRC, sunfire yellow it was called?

I've had a few compliments on my 67 Charger throughout the years. And I concur.
PP1 bright red with black guts , tinted windows and white pearl top.

love my Bee plum crazy white top with white interior , it could just be me though :lol:

Inviolet/plum crazy... B-anything blue... lemon twist... R4... any with either black or white... burnt orange with identical interior... if I keep going, I'll eventually mention most Mopar colors... ( except green ?? :lol: ) ... nah, even green.

Favorite is the coral and gray on a 55 chevy. (also called salmon and gray). Other brands, including Ford and Mopar used similar colors in the next year or two.
Generic color, Silver, with a red gut.
And I like lots of the fifties two-tone schemes.

I have a few but one of the first ones was on my first car....a 66 Belvedere that was yellow with a black gut and top. IIRC, sunfire yellow it was called?

sunfire yellow is pale, in 68 anyway SS1......... like yellow and white mixed...... it's the only yellow I really like

Last edited:
FK5 burnt orange with FK5 interior
Also,
Black car with a red interior looks amazing
Red with white interior
Heck, they are all great lol

I like white, yellow, and orange cars.... all with a black interiors, stripes, trim, etc.

Of course out of 7 Mopars.... I don't have any of those.

I have had a few cars since my first one in 1982.
When I got my first Charger, I absolutely had to paint it red. Once I started going to Mopar shows in the early 2000s, I fell for B-5 and FC-7.
I love B-5 so much, about 10 years ago I thought of a color change....

000 E.JPG

I love the contrast of Black stripes on every color. Some like white stripes but I just can't get into that like the black Bumblebee and others....

0189.JPG

IMG_0488.JPG

Also.....I LOVE the Macho Power Wagons!

PW 1.jpg

PW 2.jpg

PW 3.jpg

PW 4.jpg

PW 5.jpg

I even painted my 75 W200 Power Wagon in a two toned scheme...

NOS 19.JPG

It was originally a rare orange color. I'm thinking about repainting it the factory color but with the Macho theme....

Summer 2013 089.JPG

Triple pickle of course!

:lol:

From the first day I saw it in 1969, this was my favorite color combination for a GTX of that year. Never seen another red one with the buckskin interior, full tinted glass, and no vinyl top.
GTX front.jpg

Black is my favorite on any car. However, R4 Red and B5 blue have grown on me with my cars over the years. However, even the greens are growing on me these days, because you hardly ever see green any more since almost all of them were repainted over the last 60+ years.

IMG951107.jpg

photo0(1).jpeg

20150809_200311.jpg

20230527_111409.jpg

I like white, yellow, and orange cars.... all with a black interiors, stripes, trim, etc.

Of course out of 7 Mopars.... I don't have any of those.
Had one white pickup.....that's when I realized how light sensitive I was. Had to wear photochromic sunglasses even on cloudy days. Regular sunglasses were too dark on the cloudy days but yet I kept that truck for 5 years and haven't had a white vehicle since.
Black is my favorite on any car. However, R4 Red and B5 blue have grown on me with my cars over the years. However, even the greens are growing on me these days, because you hardly ever see green any more since almost all of them were repainted over the last 60+ years.

View attachment 1621083

View attachment 1621084

View attachment 1621085

View attachment 1621086
I like black vehicles too and have had several but the colors I'm not a fan of is white and red (read my reply above). Had a 67 Dart that was red and it faded...buffed it out in less than 6 months it was back to faded. Never was much of a fan of red to start with but now, my 97 2500 Club Cab LWB that was bought used in around 2001 is red. It ran way too good to pass it up though. It had everything on it that I liked. Now there's a red 96 Dakota sitting next to it in the shop and it too was way too nice to walk away from. The 97's paint is peeling on the top surfaces (it was already starting that in 2001) and the Dakota was repainted a few years back and now fading.

Had one white pickup.....that's when I realized how light sensitive I was. Had to wear photochromic sunglasses even on cloudy days. Regular sunglasses were too dark on the cloudy days but yet I kept that truck for 5 years and haven't had a white vehicle since.

I like black vehicles too and have had several but the colors I'm not a fan of is white and red (read my reply above). Had a 67 Dart that was red and it faded...buffed it out in less than 6 months it was back to faded. Never was much of a fan of red to start with but now, my 97 2500 Club Cab LWB that was bought used in around 2001 is red. It ran way too good to pass it up though. It had everything on it that I liked. Now there's a red 96 Dakota sitting next to it in the shop and it too was way too nice to walk away from. The 97's paint is peeling on the top surfaces (it was already starting that in 2001) and the Dakota was repainted a few years back and now fading.
I was never a big fan of white either. To commercial feeling.... Seems almost all newer cars are either white or silver. However, I found a nice clean rust free white CTD Dually a few years back for a decent deal. So, I bought it. Still getting used to it.

20210820_182114.jpg

I almost had my car painted alpine white back in the day, but talked into the original fk5 deep burnt orange. History

I could live with this in white.... too bad it continues to get flipped every couple of years and is now for sale by our local flipper for like a 118K!!!.

FB_IMG_1632586701903.jpg

Factory colour would be Daffodil Yellow. I have that on my 1967 Coronet R/T. Sunfire Yellow was '68-'69 colour. It had a little more green in it. The Super Bee I bought new in 1969 was that colour.

I almost had my car painted alpine white back in the day, but talked into the original fk5 deep burnt orange. History
Had a pretty nice 70 383 Challenger that was burnt orange. Most people called it copper. It was orange inside and out. At least it didn't have a vinyl top. It was 10 years old when I got it and really looked nice still except the interior was getting a bit worn and the dash was cracking. It never was garage though until I got it. Recovered the seats and that's about all I did to it.

Auto Transport Service
Back