• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite color combos......

The picture is gone, what was it?
Hmm, weird. I don't know what happened to it? It was a picture of the white sixpack 4 speed Charger R/T with blue longitudinal stripe that has been flipped all over the internet the last several years.

The High Impact colors look wrong on early mopars...going back to mid 50s through 1960 some of those pastel color combos were cool, but would also look wrong after the time period they were used.

I've had a few red cars years ago and it was fine. The day I spotted my 65 at a car show I was pretty much sold on it. It had something to do with the body lines and the endless amount of stainless in and out with the bright red against it. I'm a restomod kind of guy and built several the way I wanted them, not the way they came. It's one thing to follow a blueprint, it's another to take the road less traveled. Mine has 440 trim with 500 bottom trim and I really like the red with it. The interior I can take or leave, mines a little different and most all my cars had black interior. Is it perfect, no, but it will definitely take me to the finish line. The color is 2009 thru 2012 Subaru Ruby Red Metallic.
20220904_110017.jpg
20180822_103416.jpg

My First car back in 1978 was a 1966 Charger Silver with a red interior. Still one of my favorite combos ever.

The High Impact colors look wrong on early mopars...going back to mid 50s through 1960 some of those pastel color combos were cool, but would also look wrong after the time period they were used.
I agree. I love the old tri-tone 50's cars. And, all that chrome that is missing from today's cars.

...And either a tan or brown interior to accent the green/gold exterior:
1971PlymouthGTX_03_1100.jpg

160961_Interior_Web.jpg

gtre.jpg

I've had a few red cars years ago and it was fine. The day I spotted my 65 at a car show I was pretty much sold on it. It had something to do with the body lines and the endless amount of stainless in and out with the bright red against it. I'm a restomod kind of guy and built several the way I wanted them, not the way they came. It's one thing to follow a blueprint, it's another to take the road less traveled. Mine has 440 trim with 500 bottom trim and I really like the red with it. The interior I can take or leave, mines a little different and most all my cars had black interior. Is it perfect, no, but it will definitely take me to the finish line. The color is 2009 thru 2012 Subaru Ruby Red Metallic.
View attachment 1622498View attachment 1622502
Had 4 black trucks and they all still looked good after 10 years and more. I have 2 red ones right now and even though one of them has been repainted, the red is going dull as it sits in the shop. The red 97 looked like crap and was lifting when it was just 5 years old. My first red car was a 67 Dart and it was dull as can be in 75 and it went dull pretty fast after buffing it out and looking new again. I'll take black over red any day of the week lol

Red wasn't my first choice for my Challenger, but when this red 6 speed R/T came along with only 18k miles, red it was! My wife's Challenger R/T classic is B5 blue!

20230901_092432.jpg

20231004_124638.jpg

20230820_122455.jpg

20230808_154842.jpg

Had 4 black trucks and they all still looked good after 10 years and more. I have 2 red ones right now and even though one of them has been repainted, the red is going dull as it sits in the shop. The red 97 looked like crap and was lifting when it was just 5 years old. My first red car was a 67 Dart and it was dull as can be in 75 and it went dull pretty fast after buffing it out and looking new again. I'll take black over red any day of the week lol
It's just that black shows everything, like small stuff from just rubbing up against it. They both look great when they're clean. I do white because I take mine through the automatic car wash constantly. Not the brush ones, but just the same, I wouldn't do it as often with if it was any other color. My 67 Dart and my 87 Comanche were both red and I know what you mean.

It's just that black shows everything, like small stuff from just rubbing up against it. They both look great when they're clean. I do white because I take mine through the automatic car wash constantly. Not the brush ones, but just the same, I wouldn't do it as often with if it was any other color. My 67 Dart and my 87 Comanche were both red and I know what you mean.
My GF has a black truck and it's not garage kept. She's always taking it through the brushless car wash but this time of year sucks for any color. The pollen is falling from the trees like snow and then there's the morning dew and it was heavy this morning. She washed it yesterday lol

Good thing you're not into 58 Edsels. Between interior color schemes, and one-tone, two-tone, and three-tone exterior colors, and four models, there were a thousand color schemes available.
I"d be screwed...Can't make up my mind on the choices I'm coming down too. At this point think it's going to be Luminious Brown with white roof...or all white. But getting closer on my colors.

I know it's not a Mopar color but I do like the ford Cinnamon I shot my 67 with.
I was real close to going Silver PS2 with flat black hood.
20230916_175938.jpg

20230610_163046.jpg

Indigo/Ocean Mopar blue, modern color, PPG 947639 BEFORE 2019 mix change

Auto Transport Service
Back