• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

February Mopar Giveaway 2024

We have a winner!

The item was the dipstick. The TRANSMISSION DIPSTICK!

@chargervert guessed it in post #125 :thumbsup:

Little background on that Ford at the time...
I had just made a repair to it before I put it back on the road after winter storage.
I had to replace a soft plug (freeze plug/core plug) after one popped due to a very weak antifreeze mix while being stored for the winter.
Well, little did I know that the radiator froze too, damaging the internal transmission cooler.
This led to antifreeze getting into the transmission and the pressure from the hot antifreeze in the transmission popped that dipstick out like a rocket, putting a dimple in the hood! Milky transmission fluid went all over the place!
The rest of that trip the transmission would slip out of gear when I applied too much throttle, but I made it to my destination.
Needless to say I had that Ford-O-Matic 2 speed rebuilt not long after :lol:

The guy with dozens of Chargers is getting another one!
:rofl:

The Genessee Cream Ale you were hiding froze then exploded.
Funny enough, dad was a Genny Light man.

A broken motor mount caused the air cleaner lid and carburetor stud to dent the hood.
I did have to replace a motor mount in it once. The telltale sign was that the engine lifted up when in reverse lol.

battery blow up !
Nope, that was in my dad's '70 Cadillac Calais :lol:

over flow jug popped
No overflow on this old girl. She spit right on the ground like all real cars do lol.

Hood spring broke
And that hood spring was in the FRONT, as the hood opened from the rear.

generator :D
Converted it to an alternator, but she started life with one.

A can of Vienna sausages heating up on the exhaust manifold.
Don't be knocking them little guys. I loved them things!

Yup, paint it blue and it'd resemble one I've seen before.

No A/C in it.

wiper motor
It had vacuum wipers, and they worked horribly!

Generator
See my previous response to this.

broken/rotted body to frame mount
The car was solid through and through, surprisingly for this state. Someone before us preserved it well.

Engine mount
Replaced one of those on it too.

A pair of visegrips you were using to hold the Furd together!
Hey now, those are one of the most important tools a car guy can own!

Thermostat
Nope. Always ran it without one. Otherwise that Ford would always run hot in traffic.

3 on the tree shifter linkage
2 speed Automatic.

Freeze plug
It was a freeze plug that led me to discover the problem that eventually led to the trivia question of this thread!

Did that old Ford have a 292, an FE block or six cylinder?

Brake booster
No power brakes IIRC

@chargervert, PM me your shipping info and I'll get your new Charger in the mail to you.

And congratulations again:thumbsup:

Great game guys!

:luvplace:

seriously....... how loud of a "bang" could it have made?

and the Rebel Machine had/has vacuum wipers ......... they were horrible

The guy with dozens of Chargers is getting another one!
:rofl:
I'm hot!

1706815260193.png

seriously....... how loud of a "bang" could it have made?

and the Rebel Machine had/has vacuum wipers ......... they were horrible

but seriously...... that's like shootin' pool with a garden hose

The dipstick had sort of a rubber stopper, similar to a cork, that caused it fit snug in the dipstick tube. When it shot out of there it sounded similar to a coffee mug being dropped abruptly on a piece of ceramic tile. Loud enough to hear over my cracked exhaust manifold :rolleyes:. Then it left a small dimple in the hood, much more noticeable after we changed the color from baby blue to black. Being the son of a body man I noticed the dent immediately.

Auto Transport Service
Back