• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fender id plate 68 Charger

44070dart

Local time
6:23 AM
Reaction score
any help appreciated .. thanks

$_59 (1).jpeg

383 2bbl, automatic, burgundy metallic, bucket seats, console, Feb. 5 build date. Open rear end not sure on the ratio. That's all I can do from memory. I will have to look up other information.

Last edited:
I also see black upper door panels. No strip, 22 " radiator.

C6X black interior
7.75 14 WSW tires
There is no radio code so I say radio delete.

Last edited:
" from memory" ....I like that, I can't remember where I put my keys.. thanks, trying to by it..

Radios are not standard therefore cannot be deleted. Radios were optional. This car was simply built without a radio.

" from memory" ....I like that, I can't remember where I put my keys.. thanks, trying to by it..
Keys are a different matter altogether. If I don't put them in the same place every night I won't find them in the morning. I've lost my trailer keys to many times to mention and have even lost my car keys at a show.
Best of luck on the purchase, hope it works out.

No the stripe is the S in UBS
U= upper door color
B = Buffed Paint only applicable to Silver
S = Stripe

15638048927864511060959137028698.jpg
so my car is silver upper door is black and it is a stripe delete.
15638048927864511060959137028698.jpg

View attachment 804896 so my car is silver upper door is black and it is a stripe delete.View attachment 804896

Exactly... Nice Charger!!

X=Charger
S= Special=R/T
29=Sport Roof
83=440
5=727
44=F70-14 redline tires
April 24th 1968=Scheduled Production Date
197084=Shipping Order Number
2 with a 5 below it=Drip Rail Moldings
3 with a 0 below it=Belt Line Moldings
7 with an 8 below it=Wheel Lip Moldings
A with an 8 below it=3.23 open axle
T with a C below it=Charger
R with a 6 below it=Bucket Seats Vinyl Premium Grade
M with a X below it=Black
And So On...

Last edited:
Did you ever get this fully decoded? But it? I see that it is a canadian car from the “A” in the order number

I know this is an old thread but...

There is no stripe coded on a '68 XP29 tag.
So the original post is correct...no stripe coded. Not stripe delete.

68 XS29 Charger stripe codes are a little different.

Sometimes the standard black stripe was not coded on the tag. The absence of an S code probably means the car got a standard black stripe, which would be appropriate for an AA1 car.

S/9 on the tag signifies code 319 transverse stripe delete.

68_charger_stripe_delete_800.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 423 build date on mine, probably made within 24 hrs of yours. Did you find any build sheets and where? Never could find any no matter where I looked.
cool, unfortunately no build sheet. when I responded to the ebay ad the guy didnt have the fender tag, but when I went and looked at the car he found a tag but he wasn't sure it matched, he thought it coincided completly with the vin. but we know P.O. number does with the radiator core and trunk lip stamping which matched. Definatly sealed the deal.

Auto Transport Service
Back