• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender tag replacement

Ray the Driver

Local time
6:31 PM
Reaction score
My 1967 GTX came with a obliterated fender tag. DMV went with the door/frame number code and let me register it after a couple months of running around. Is there any way to obtain a replacement fender tag that is original ? I have a title and insurance and drive the car regularly. Not looking for anything sketchy.

Check with ECS.
They are purported to make excellent reproductions.

The door frame tag has the full VIN, the fender (trim) tag doesn't.
I'm surprised the DMV gave you the runaround.

Do you have all of the codes from the fender tag?

Check with ECS.
They are purported to make excellent reproductions.
Just did a quick check on ECS and no
The door frame tag has the full VIN, the fender (trim) tag doesn't.
I'm surprised the DMV gave you the runaround.

Do you have all of the codes from the fender tag?
Really trashed, I really think it was done on purpose. I didn’t pay attention when I purchased the car only later on

Just did a quick check on ECS and no

Really trashed, I really think it was done on purpose. I didn’t pay attention when I purchased the car only later on

Well you are in luck because you are a member of the "Class of 67".

If you send an email to Danielle at [email protected]
Attach a scan of proof of ownership, i.e. a copy of the title or registration, and your mailing address and they will send you the build (IBM) card.

The build card will give you all the options to reconstruct the fender tag, and possibly give you the dealership the car was originally sold at.

Then go here to have it reproed: https://www.mmcdetroit.com/Datatags/

Well you are in luck because you are a member of the "Class of 67".

If you send an email to Danielle at [email protected]
Attach a scan of proof of ownership, i.e. a copy of the title or registration, and your mailing address and they will send you the build (IBM) card.

The build card will give you all the options to reconstruct the fender tag, and possibly give you the dealership the car was originally sold at.

Then go here to have it reproed: https://www.mmcdetroit.com/Datatags/
Thanks Jim, for your valuable help. I will do this ASAP and post it to you when the task is complete. This help is beyond awesome. Thanks again for your help

Just curious, were you unable to find the build sheet after checking the usual spots?

Auto Transport Service
Back