• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender Tag

gamercier

Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
I have broadcast sheet for my 69 Superbee and no fender tag. Is there any one who can reproduce a fender tag?

Don't send your original broadcast sheet send a copy.

Last edited:
Till this one day when the fella met Ben Franklin's ....then he knew it could be more than just a hunch.....

627wm1.jpg

...that this gig, could somehow form a lifestyle....

I have broadcast sheet for my 69 Superbee and no fender tag. Is there any one who can reproduce a fender tag?

Try this guy. I think they are still in business. AG Backeast. No web site but this is the e-mail for the new owner. [email protected]

He reproduced my original plus made a joke tag for me. It is what is currently on the car.

Joke_Tag.jpg

I met one of Govier's front runners at a show at the Atlanta drag strip. He came up to me and asked don't you want Galen to go over your car and tell you exactly what you have? I said why would I want to do that, I know exactly what I have. I bought it from the original owner and spent the last 4 years putting all the original parts back on it. They were furnished by the original owner. I only kept one of the dealer added options. He walked away and I never met Govier. I will admit I do keep one of his white casting number books.

I spoke with Galen a few times years ago, first and last impression was prick, pure prick.
I say this because I am a prick, pure prick. What does that tell you.

1988 I was at Atco in Jersey for the Musclecar Review drag event, and while waiting to race this guy comes up to me saying "do you know what all these numbers mean on your tag here?" I was 20 and knew nothing about numbers. He briefly explained what some meant and had laminated cards for sale that showed what car it should be based on the VIN. He left saying "Name's Galen Govier, nice meeting you". I still have the cards.

Try this guy. I think they are still in business. AG Backeast. No web site but this is the e-mail for the new owner. [email protected]

He reproduced my original plus made a joke tag for me. It is what is currently on the car.

View attachment 1228170
Received this reply just now:
A.G. Backeast will be temporarily shut down while relocating.

I am not able to take any orders at this time.

Possibly, I will be taking some orders in January, but I might be in storage until as far out as May/June.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

-Brett

1988 I was at Atco in Jersey for the Musclecar Review drag event, and while waiting to race this guy comes up to me saying "do you know what all these numbers mean on your tag here?" I was 20 and knew nothing about numbers. He briefly explained what some meant and had laminated cards for sale that showed what car it should be based on the VIN. He left saying "Name's Galen Govier, nice meeting you". I still have the cards.
That’s the Galen that I know.

That’s the Galen that I know.
Well that's NOT the Galen he is now. You can Red X me all you want. When he's owed me my Bird documentation for almost 2 decades, had Diane taking CC #'s to start a conversation and trying to charge $100/hr just to call and ask where our **** was, tried to hold my friend ransom for $25,000 for a Daytona Broadcast sheet he was holding in trust for the previous car owner (I believe that's criminal under mail fraud in the USA), and countless other horror stories. While he may be knowledgeable the "Barret Jackson limelight" went straight to his head. He's now selling used cars on a back block car lot...frankly where he belongs.

Last edited:
MCODECUDA I met Galen about the same time in late 80's or early 90's had a nice talk. He looked my car over and pointed out a few thing, helpful. People change.

It takes one to know one?
Exactly! :D

Received this reply just now:
A.G. Backeast will be temporarily shut down while relocating.

I am not able to take any orders at this time.

Possibly, I will be taking some orders in January, but I might be in storage until as far out as May/June.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

-Brett
****, sorry to hear that. Like most things these days. Everything is on backorder. WTF?

Well that's NOT the Galen he is now. You can Red X me all you want. When he's owed me my Bird documentation for almost 2 decades, had Diane taking CC #'s to start a conversation and trying to charge $100/hr just to call and ask where our **** was, tried to hold my friend ransom for $25,000 for a Daytona Broadcast sheet he was holding in trust for the previous car owner (I believe that's criminal under mail fraud in the USA), and countless other horror stories. While he may be knowledgeable the "Barret Jackson limelight" went straight to his head. He's now selling used cars on a back block car lot...frankly where he belongs.

Totally agree Dad, totally agree.

Auto Transport Service
Back