• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiberglass fenders

cbodybob

Local time
12:07 PM
Reaction score
Finally got my glass fenders on my Satellite bracket car. 35 pound weight savings. Every little bit helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 445
Glass Fenders

The driver side headlight bezel is fighting me. Looks like I'm going to have to grind/cut away part of the inner edge of the fender so the bezel can fit flush & level. The pass side seemed to fit fairly good when I mocked it up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 267
Thats something I've always been leery of because of fit issues. Your car is looking good. Who made the parts? How would you rate the quality? How many hours to install? Is this the first time you hung fiberglass? 69 runner right? Cool.

Very sweet, 35 lbs is nothing to sneeze at. Who made them? I can see myself going with glass fenders in the future too.

Btw, now what you need is a sweet pair of aluminum bumper brackets from Jeff Lingenfelter. Not sure how much weight I saved, but they can't weigh a pound between them...

http://lingenfeltersbrackets.com

Thats something I've always been leery of because of fit issues. Your car is looking good. Who made the parts? How would you rate the quality? How many hours to install? Is this the first time you hung fiberglass? 69 runner right? Cool.
The fit was poor, however it's fiberglass so after several hours of shimming & filling out holes I got the driver side looking very good. The pass side was much eaiser. I don't know who made them. A guy on Facebook in New York advertised them. I msg him if he was comming to NC anytime soon & if so could he bring them. Turns out he was headed to Flordia in a few days so he brought them to me & I paid his asking price for the trouble of bringing them down.

- - - Updated - - -

First time I have hung glass fenders. The hood & bumpers are glass. The hood is an old MAS hood. The bumpers are from Unlimited Priducts. Quality is poor on all of as far as fit. Ok for my old bracket car though. I guess I have 6 hours in it so far & thst includes removing the metal fenders

- - - Updated - - -

Very sweet, 35 lbs is nothing to sneeze at. Who made them? I can see myself going with glass fenders in the future too.

Btw, now what you need is a sweet pair of aluminum bumper brackets from Jeff Lingenfelter. Not sure how much weight I saved, but they can't weigh a pound between them...
If you will notice I drilled out the stock brackets. They are super lite. Took about a hour each. No $ investment other than a couple of drill bits that got used up

Read above your link. Good someone is making quality aluminum brackets

I got them alum. bumper brackets too, he was supposed to be producing rears I pre paid,
BUT; he sent my money back for the rears, he was having fitment issues {I Guess}
he was having "allegedly" trouble getting time on the cutting table {water-jet},
he was having someone else cut them out for him too...

fit & finish need improvements but just a little tweak here & there the fronts were ok...
Extremely light, compared to the stamped steel OE brackets...

I got them alum. bumper brackets too, he was supposed to be producing rears I pre paid,
BUT; he sent my money back for the rears, he was having fitment issues {I Guess}
he was having "allegedly" trouble getting time on the cutting table {water-jet},
he was having someone else cut them out for him too...

fit & finish need improvements but just a little tweak here & there the fronts were ok...
Extremely light, compared to the stamped steel OE brackets...

Yeah I had a few tweaks to make them fit as well but I attibute that to my POS fiberglass front bumper which is all twisted and wavy.

I heard he was having issues with the rears, so I made them myself out of fiberglass. I was able to cut maybe 3/8" or depth out of them in order to tuck that bumper up nice and tight. I momentarily had some plans to sell glass brackets but honestly I probably have $60 of material into them lol so not exactly a money maker.

Someone was talking about aluminum door hinges on here a while back. Wanting to see if any interest in making some.

This brings me back to when I first brought my oldest son to a drag race. We were cruising the pits when we saw this killer 55 Chevy that was FAST. the driver and his 'little brother' (both well into their 60's) hand layed the carbon fiber body panels in hand made molds. While he was helping my boy (4 years old at the time) into the driver's seat, he insisted I open and shut the door. Well we all know how those tri 5 doors feel - rotator cuff killers, so I braced myself. And all I can say is this - ya know that feeling of picking up an empty carton of milk expecting it to be full? Yeah.

Hotrodding is a beautiful thing.

Auto Transport Service
Back