• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiberglass hoods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the unlimited hood in the picture? Bolt-on or pin-on
it is a bolt on, I bought the weak hood springs from them with the hood, after installing I had the hood open for about 30 min, & the thing started bending in half,so I had to take the springs off & now have to use a hood prop rod, did I say piece of SH--T.

Here's my AAR hood on a 66 satellite. This was just fitted yesterday at the body shop and it Fits very nice.

IMG_1878.JPG IMG_1882.JPG IMG_1883.JPG IMG_1885.JPG IMG_1887.JPG IMG_1888.JPG

Thanks for all the in-put guys, going to try either Glasstek or US body. let you know how I make out, be about 6 weeks I guess

You're making a mistake. AAR/Stinger no prep at all, you wont believe the quality. You'll save on extra bodywork from the other 2 companies.

If we all look back at what this man is working on , we can clearly see that he is working on a 70 Plymouth B-Body. And if you look at Stinger's list of hoods that they make, you can clearly see that they DO NOT make that hood. As for getting a good deal on shipping, freight companies have a minimum weight they go by. The one Sled City Fiberglass uses is 90 pounds. I can ship one trunk for "x" amount of money. Trunk weighs 15 pounds and the box weighs about 15 pounds for a total of 30 pounds. I can ship a set of fenders and a hood along with that trunk for the same as just a trunk. Which reminds me, Sled City fiberglass will start having package deals for a limited time starting Feb. 25,17. Complete packages or front end package only. Give us a call.

As glassman pointed out AAR does not make anything but a deck lid for a 1970 Road Runner, I phoned this morning and they dont do custom work either, for what I want anyway. Not a lot of choices for me and Unlimited is not even in the running!!

Just an FYI, I looked at a Sled City scoop a few years ago. Really nice quality piece. Just didn't connect with him before going with AAR for my '66 hood.

As glassman pointed out AAR does not make anything but a deck lid for a 1970 Road Runner, I phoned this morning and they dont do custom work either, for what I want anyway. Not a lot of choices for me and Unlimited is not even in the running!!
You mean that there is actually a part made for a 66/67 that's not available for a 70! Wow I knew I'd have a win someday.....

I'm sorry I thought you were looking at 66/67 fiberglass hoods.

If we all look back at what this man is working on , we can clearly see that he is working on a 70 Plymouth B-Body. And if you look at Stinger's list of hoods that they make, you can clearly see that they DO NOT make that hood. As for getting a good deal on shipping, freight companies have a minimum weight they go by. The one Sled City Fiberglass uses is 90 pounds. I can ship one trunk for "x" amount of money. Trunk weighs 15 pounds and the box weighs about 15 pounds for a total of 30 pounds. I can ship a set of fenders and a hood along with that trunk for the same as just a trunk. Which reminds me, Sled City fiberglass will start having package deals for a limited time starting Feb. 25,17. Complete packages or front end package only. Give us a call.
GLASSMAN///
Does Sled City make a pin on Hood and a pin on Deck lid for my 1966 Coronet. If so how much does each weigh, how much are they and how much for a hood AND deck lid shipped to 93601 California (suburb of Fresno, CA) thanks, mike

As a body & paint guy I have put on AAR hoods & fenders on A bodies & B bodies. The fitment was great. I blocked them all & they all were very straight.

GLASSMAN///
Does Sled City make a pin on Hood and a pin on Deck lid for my 1966 Coronet. If so how much does each weigh, how much are they and how much for a hood AND deck lid shipped to 93601 California (suburb of Fresno, CA) thanks, mike
Hail yes we make those parts for the 66 Coronet. We make fenders and bumpers for your car too! Hood, pin on , 17 pounds, $350 --- Trunk, pin on ,16 pounds $300 ---I ship with Old Dominion Freight Lines and the price changes daily due to fuel costs, but I do get a 67% discount and that really helps. As for the beginning of this thread, I checked my stock of used fiberglass parts, yes I sell used parts also , and have in stock a 70 RR hood with a hole cut for a carb, $150 and a 65 Belv hood with a carb hole for $150. Give me a call . If I don't answer, I will call you back asap. I have had this new phone for about 18 months and really like the workings. www.sledcityfiberglass.com

Wanting to put a glass hood on my car, wondering what anyone has used and what they think of fit and finish and overall quality of which ever one you have used. Have looked at Glass Tec, VFN, US Body Source and Unlimited. Not to many choices for 1970 Road Runner.
Thanks Darrell
Checked my used stock of fiberglass hoods and found a 70 RR hood if you or anyone is interested. I think it is hingable. I will check it again to make sure . www.sledcityfiberglass.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back