• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally got a lift

The extra cost for 12’ tall walls is minimal. Treat yourself!
Agreed, our building was built last spring. 30X40, It was only $800 to do 12 ft vs 8 ft walls. I only have to watch if the hood is up and I take the lift all the way up

14.jpg

The walls in my shop are 12 feet. It's really a barn and the ceilings are 23 feet, got plenty of room. I can raise the car all the way up with the long-*** Coronet hood open and it's nowhere near anything. The hood is well above the top of the lift when open.

Just make sure to put the lift far enough away from the wall where you can do things like open a door while the car is in the air or pull an axle and still have some room behind you.

Also consider that you want to have enough room to operate the lift and make sure that if you have to get out of there in a hurry you don't get crushed between a falling vehicle and the wall.

When I had this house built, I put in this lift. It is called a C-7000, which of course means 7k lbs. The Legs are movable in case you want to use for a truck or tractor I guess, though I doubt that I will move them. It has a detached pump which is for the moving part. I suspect that I will mount the pump and string the lines up high when this project is done. I had them pour 8 inches of concrete and put the rebar 12 inch on centers with more where the legs would go. It seemed to be a really good idea for strength, but we hit rebar on three of the holes when we drilled. We solved that, but it was a PAIN. The bottom of the Coronet is just about 6 feet from the floor. I'm 5 8, so it works for me. I fully agree with the above, if you are considering it, DO IT! It changes the way one looks at a project. Oh, it runs on 110V. Best to all. B.

IMG_4842.jpg IMG_4843.jpg

Oh, I forgot. I have mine set at 110 inches to inside between the posts. The free standing posts allow for that kind of flexibility if you have a smallish or irregular sized garage. The legs, I think are 7' ish.

I cant be the only one who has LED lights so the lower car is lit up ...right....:realcrazy:

IMG_1839.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back