• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally got ourselves a B Body

ben440ny

Local time
7:34 AM
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My father and I (both Bens) are active participants in the For A Bodies Only Forum and between the two of us have a number of darts/dusters for the street and strip. I'm based in Los Angeles and he is in upstate New York.

For years, we've hunted for reasonably priced 1970 satellite to turn into a Superbird Clone. Finally came across one on Ebay and pulled the trigger. We are now in the process of disassembly and framing up what metal work will need to be done. There's a ton of rust but it's salvageable, especially for our purposes. I'll also have parts to sell to fund the project. Looking forward to working with this community to finally build a Superbird.

Thanks,
Ben

20220920_173444.jpg

welcome to FBBO that will be a cool project keep us posted

Welcome from western NY! This is definitely something I look forward to seeing progress on!

Superbird clone

Very Interesting Laugh In's Arte Johnson Nazi 1.jpg

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Cool project, I just started working on my Daytona clone. My advice when building a wingcar clone is don't cheap out on the parts, and buy a bunch of fiberglass parts. Some parts are fine in fiberglass, others are not. The nosecone, headlight doors and fender scoops are fine in fiberglass, but the zee bars,latch tray,headlight buckets and pivot brackets need to be steel to stand the test of time. The rear window plug can be fiberglass on a Superbird because it is covered with a vynal top, but needs to be steel on a Daytona or cracking will occur between the steel of the car and the fiberglass window plug. The wings need to be cast aluminum as the factory ones were to stand the test of time as well. Someone is selling cast aluminum reproduction wings,although that company was just sold and the prices of their parts seemed to have doubled. Just my advice for building a wingcar clone that will be structurally sound. Congratulations on scoring the 70 Plymouth and welcome!

Cool project, I just started working on my Daytona clone. My advice when building a wingcar clone is don't cheap out on the parts, and buy a bunch of fiberglass parts. Some parts are fine in fiberglass, others are not. The nosecone, headlight doors and fender scoops are fine in fiberglass, but the zee bars,latch tray,headlight buckets and pivot brackets need to be steel to stand the test of time. The rear window plug can be fiberglass on a Superbird because it is covered with a vynal top, but needs to be steel on a Daytona or cracking will occur between the steel of the car and the fiberglass window plug. The wings need to be cast aluminum as the factory ones were to stand the test of time as well. Someone is selling cast aluminum reproduction wings,although that company was just sold and the prices of their parts seemed to have doubled. Just my advice for building a wingcar clone that will be structurally sound. Congratulations on scoring the 70 Plymouth and welcome!
Really appreciate these pointers!!!

Welcome from Alabama, I was into building a clone at one time, and fortunately then found the real thing. Start a build thread, I will certainly want to watch.

Auto Transport Service
Back