• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally Got Some New Shoes on my GTX

1969VAGTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:40 PM
Reaction score
Well I finally got around to putting my new Magnum wheels and Diamondback redline tires on my GTX. Decided on 15x7 wheels on all four corners. Went with 225/70R15 tires on the front and 255/60R15 on the rear. The tire sizes pretty well level out the ride of the car. Like the beefier look under the rear end. Looks like maybe a little over an inch of clearance remaining to the springs under the rear end. Now just have to change some plugs so I can get on the road for a test drive.
IMG_3351.JPG

IMG_3347.JPG

IMG_3348.JPG

IMG_3342.JPG

IMG_3343.JPG

IMG_3344.JPG

IMG_3345.JPG

Those redline Diamondbacks look great on your chrome 15" Magnum 500's! I have heard that the side stripe colour matched the colour of the tire stripe of the tires originally installed on the car. Thus, if your car originally had whitewalls, it would have had a white stripe. I do not really know whether this is fact or fiction.

That’s quite a looker! Red stripe really sets it off. Very tasteful.

I like the look. I went with the same wheel and tire sizes as you. Just a nice balance. Was on the fence for the Diamondback redlines, but decided to go with a stickier rear tire

i like it.jpg
(Let's see if anyone gets the movie reference...)

I wish those redlines weren't so dang pricy; I'd like some for Fred, in a 295 on the rear (easily fits with the
right offset).

YYEEEESSSSSSS! OOOHHHHAAAHAHAHA I LIKE IT

Those redline Diamondbacks look great on your chrome 15" Magnum 500's! I have heard that the side stripe colour matched the colour of the tire stripe of the tires originally installed on the car. Thus, if your car originally had whitewalls, it would have had a white stripe. I do not really know whether this is fact or fiction.
I've heard the same, and the factory sales brochure and print advertisements showed them that way. But stripe delete was available as an option code, and the second '69 GTX I owned had a broadcast sheet coded for white side stripe with red line tires, ordered car. The two others with broadcast sheets were both white side stripes with white line tires.

Auto Transport Service
Back