• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally on it's way....

hemi*guy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
After waiting over a year , my car is getting it's turn in the shop. 100_0929.jpg101_0011.jpg101_0019.jpg101_0022.jpg101_0032.jpg100_0944.jpg

Wow what a kool car. Keep the pics coming.

Sweet, love the car. I have my own paint booth and still haven't got mine painted, sucks being broke. Good luck can't wait to see it when it's done.

That is one piece of gold you got there!

sweet car, now the next problem, waiting for it to get done, oh that and cash, a whole lot of cash!
:)
Mike

I asked him to do a good job restoring the interior, because I'll probably be living in it by the time I finish paying for it! LOL

wow, that is going to be awesome! , is the guy you are bringing it to do everything? , if not let me know....I know some great people.

The only thing he is sending out is the motor, he's sending it to a guy in Virginia. I'm in NY, if you know anyone that can restore the engine around here let me know.

GUY

Nice!!!!! Glad to hear the good news! Hope all turns out well.

Guy, I will give you the number for the guy who built mine, he's rite in Brooklyn was a Chrysler mechanic for 25 yrs and owns his own garage now plus he has an unrestored 70 Hemi Charger like yours plus a few more really rare cars........He is very meticulous and very very resonable.

Chris

Chris,
Thanks I'll check it out.

Guy

That is one of my favorite yr for a charger and it's got a hemi. Get us as many photo's as you can on this.

I asked him to do a good job restoring the interior, because I'll probably be living in it by the time I finish paying for it! LOL

I'm curious how a restoration shop charges for their work. In your case did they quote you a range for the total job or is it time and materials at a set labor rate? If it's too personal it's OK. Years ago I did a few restorations and am just wondering how it's done these days. Thanks for any info.

Propwash, I wish I had your skills so that I could do some of the work myself. Followed along on your restoration and all I can say is AMAZING! Great work

Thanks for following along Hemi*guy, i'm sure i'll be doing the same here with your Charger. Sometimes my work could probably be considered more of just being a glutton for punishment..lol Thank you for the compliment sir.

coloradodave, In my case he gave me ballpark figures for the motor, bodywork /paint, but the rest is really what he finds and how you want it restored.... NOS , refurbished , replaced. There is a time and material rate and this part scares me the most. The shop I am using came highly recommended and I trust it. I have spoken to other customers and have only gotten positive feedback. I hope this answers some of your questions.

Auto Transport Service
Back