• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally Out

Thunderlugs

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:37 PM
Reaction score
Finally took a break from the 65, and dug out the Coronet. Its time to do some driving! Have a few things to do first. I usually push it outside for the restart. Remove all the mouse proofing, pull the metering rods to fill the bowl on rear carb. Once the squirters are primed, I give her about a dozen pumps, and bam.....she lights right off every time! Not a fan of countless cranking to get the fuel up to the front. A check of the guages, we are good. Now break out the Brad Penn 20-50 , and a filter, and good for another 4 months!

20170606_153902.jpg 20170606_155825.jpg 20170606_155500.jpg

Us old schoolers do the same trick...Dump gas in the carb and fire it up!

One of my friends is a firefighter. He was at my garage one day and wanted to hear one of the rides run. So I did that same trick and he about had a stroke, lol.....I said next time I will use racing gas....

Beautiful Coronet...Love the Steelies!

Us old schoolers do the same trick...Dump gas in the carb and fire it up!

One of my friends is a firefighter. He was at my garage one day and wanted to hear one of the rides run. So I did that same trick and he about had a stroke, lol.....I said next time I will use racing gas....

Beautiful Coronet...Love the Steelies!

Uh, actually NO
A true Old Skooler would run a coffee can with a hose bib and a 3/8" how directly to the carb...Gravity Flow baby!
(tee-hee-hee)

Finally took a break from the 65, and dug out the Coronet. Its time to do some driving! Have a few things to do first. I usually push it outside for the restart. Remove all the mouse proofing, pull the metering rods to fill the bowl on rear carb. Once the squirters are primed, I give her about a dozen pumps, and bam.....she lights right off every time! Not a fan of countless cranking to get the fuel up to the front. A check of the guages, we are good. Now break out the Brad Penn 20-50 , and a filter, and good for another 4 months!

View attachment 431860 View attachment 431861 View attachment 431862
Very nice car. Love those old Hemi cars. Curious as to why you pull the metering rods to prime the carb? Those rectangular openings to the outside of the metering rods lead directly to the fuel bowl. I just stick a nozzle from a priming bottle in them and squirt some gas in there and then a little down the primaries and hit the key and it fires right up.

Very nice car. Love those old Hemi cars. Curious as to why you pull the metering rods to prime the carb? Those rectangular openings to the outside of the metering rods lead directly to the fuel bowl. I just stick a nozzle from a priming bottle in them and squirt some gas in there and then a little down the primaries and hit the key and it fires right up.
Yah know, ..... I guess i never put 2 and 2 together. Why do things the easy way, when the hard way is so much more challenging!! Double Dah, on my part. Every day is a school day! Thanks!!

Nice car. Mice makes nests outta dryer-sheets around my place.

Auto Transport Service
Back