• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FINALLY rebuilding the butt!!

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
in my 97 2500 diesel! I know this is a truck but who here doesn't have one! Was having a bit of a rough time getting the differential out until I realized the axles were still in it. Dang dummy LOL! Been too long since doing a full floating integral rear end I guess but any type of butt would need to have to remove the axles. Duh. Good news is that my axles fit the limited slip unit that was purchased nearly 5 years ago along with the installation kit and new gears.....yup.....5 years! Been doing rear ends for a lot of years but not for myself. Ever notice that carpenters have the worse looking houses?? Well, my dad didn't but most did. Anyways, gotta do it now as it's all apart....and the AC works in it! Incentive time! Man, getting too freakin old to be sitting cross legged under this stuff. At least I can sit up all the way with the height it's at and the spare removed. Hope she doesn't hate me for doing this to her....

Kain't say this is too bad for the time I was still driving it with a gut load of STP in it's butt but still, it's wasn't for that many miles. Maybe 3k or so. Anyways, just glad I'm finally working on it.

IMG_20190423_203947502.jpg

Those rears probably wouldn’t make a sound if ya used sand! Lol!

Auto Transport Service
Back