• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally time to pull the trigger . . . starting on the New (much anticipated) SHOP - Build

I hope you fell out on the ground and laid there and said you couldn't feel your legs.... If one on these morons on the road hits me like that they will pay dearly......I will get the sleeziest lawyer I can find and make sure they NEVER drive again

Just what I need now . . . another "project' to work on . . . geeeeze . . .

Spent some time under the truck and on the hitch to get things "better" . . .

The trailer hitch before . . .

sm_shop548.jpg

And after . . .

sm_shop549.jpg

The passenger side before . . .

sm_shop547.jpg

And after . . .

sm_shop550.jpg

Might have to fabricate some spacer, but it should work out and get things back into some semblance of "normal" . . .

Side note . . . this truck is 24 years old and it's got almost 400,000 miles . . . it just needs to get the JOB done . . .

Ordered my roofing today . . . should be shipped to NC on Monday, for me to go pick up . . . need my truck.

Things are happening here . . .

More Later . . .

I hope you fell out on the ground and laid there and said you couldn't feel your legs.... If one on these morons on the road hits me like that they will pay dearly......I will get the sleeziest lawyer I can find and make sure they NEVER drive again

No . . . I don't play those "games" . . . even though he had to be be doing 90+ . . . WE are all human . . . and we all make mistakes . . .

(just wish it wasn't me in the receiving side . . . but sh*t happens . . . )

I don't like lawyers . . . not one bit . . . got the sleaziest coming out of the woodwork sending me letters to let them represent me . . .
They can all go pound sand . . . I don't need their antics in my life . . . nor does the guy that hit me.

I'll take the money from the insurance company, fix my truck, and move on . . .

More Later . . .

Sorry for the delay . . . Life has gotten in the way again . . .

Things are still moving along, but as normal . . . sh*t happens . . .
Been working on getting some of the smaller things done on the shop, fixed the broken window,
Filled in some of the holes in the walls where the wire penetrations were made . . . general fixup stuff . . .

First of all - had to "fix" my truck from the guy that drove into the back of me - to be able to get my roofing.

My blower fan on my A/C quit working . . . so, on Monday, I'm replacing the blower motor on my A/C . . .
Got it replaced, and the fan is working better than it's been working for years . . .

Ordered the metal roofing, and drove to get it picked up - about 1 hour to get there, and an hour back . . .
Here's the roofing panels sitting in my back yard - by the shop - ready to be installed. It's Tuesday . . .

sm_shop551.jpg

And the drip rails, rake edges trim, and ridge vents . . .

sm_shop552.jpg

Drive to work Wednesday morning - after dropping off the trailer at the rental place

Got to work - do my normal days work . . . get in the truck to go home, truck starts, drives about 50 yards and quits . . .
Won't re-start - and I'm not hearing the "familiar" fuel pump noise . . . think I've lost my fuel pump . . .
Park the truck in the parking lot . . . get a ride home . . . It's Wednesday . . .

On Thursday, work a 1/2 day and then begin the "ordeal" to get a trailer to tow the truck home . . .
Finally get one rented from U-know the place . . . they informed me this trailer would tow my truck . . .

It almost, kinda, sorta "fits" on the trailer . . . if you squint "real" hard . . . ohhh . . . never mind . . .

sm_shop553.jpg

To top it all off . . . while I'm trying to get my truck home, the typical Southern Storm bows through . . .
Here's what the clouds looked like . . . it was strong winds, and about 2 1/2 inches of rain for about an hour . . .

Then the sun was out shining again . . . with trees knocked down . . . and no Power at my house . . . Oh Boy ! !

sm_shop554.jpg

Not sure why this picture is so bad . . . but this I found very "interesting" . . .

sm_shop555.jpg

Then I get the truck in the back yard, get it off the trailer, and go to head back to the house (with no power) and . .
I run into the this fellow in my back yard . . .
I know that the picture is not too good, or clear . . . but what animal do you know that is black and white . . .

Yeah . . . had this skunk that I almost ran into in my back yard . . .

sm_shop556.jpg

So Saturday get here . . . and the roofing begins . . .

sm_shop557.jpg

Had my friend Chuck stop over to see if any help was needed . . . and helped out a TON . . .
The front of the moved building is now sporting a new tin roof . . .

sm_shop558.jpg

And the back of the shop is hard to get a picture . . . but it's also sporting a new tin roof . . .

sm_shop559.jpg

Like I need any MORE projects to work on - but I'll knock them out one at a time and move on . . .

Tomorrow . . . will be looking into the Rake trim and the ridge vents . . . to get them figured out . . .

More Later . . .

Been working on getting some of the smaller things done on the shop, fixed the broken window,
Filled in some of the holes in the walls where the wire penetrations were made . . . general fixup stuff . . .

First of all - had to "fix" my truck from the guy that drove into the back of me - to be able to get my roofing.

My blower fan on my A/C quit working . . . so, on Monday, I'm replacing the blower motor on my A/C . . .
Got it replaced, and the fan is working better than it's been working for years . . .

Ordered the metal roofing, and drove to get it picked up - about 1 hour to get there, and an hour back . . .
Here's the roofing panels sitting in my back yard - by the shop - ready to be installed. It's Tuesday . . .

View attachment 1301020

View attachment 1301021

Drive to work Wednesday morning - after dropping off the trailer at the rental place

Got to work - do my normal days work . . . get in the truck to go home, truck starts, drives about 50 yards and quits . . .
Won't re-start - and I'm not hearing the "familiar" fuel pump noise . . . think I've lost my fuel pump . . .
Park the truck in the parking lot . . . get a ride home . . . It's Wednesday . . .

On Thursday, work a 1/2 day and then begin the "ordeal" to get a trailer to tow the truck home . . .
Finally get one rented from U-know the place . . . they informed me this trailer would tow my truck . . .

It almost, kinda, sorta "fits" on the trailer . . . if you squint "real" hard . . . ohhh . . . never mind . . .

View attachment 1301022

To top it all off . . . while I'm trying to get my truck home, the typical Southern Storm bows through . . .
Here's what the clouds looked like . . . it was strong winds, and about 2 1/2 inches of rain for about an hour . . .

Then the sun was out shining again . . . with trees knocked down . . . and no Power at my house . . . Oh Boy ! !

View attachment 1301023

Not sure why this picture is so bad . . . but this I found very "interesting" . . .

View attachment 1301024

Then I get the truck in the back yard, get it off the trailer, and go to head back to the house (with no power) and . .
I know that the picture is not too good, or clear . . . but what animal do you know that is black and white . . .

View attachment 1301025

View attachment 1301026

Had my friend Chuck stop over to see if any help was needed . . . and helped out a TON . . .

View attachment 1301027

And the back of the shop is hard to get a picture . . . but it's also sporting a new tin roof . . .

View attachment 1301028

Like I need any MORE projects to work on - but I'll knock them out one at a time and move on . . .

Tomorrow . . . will be looking into the Rake trim and the ridge vents . . . to get them figured out . . .

More Later . . .
“U” shoulda went to Penske!! But,I’m prejudiced.

View attachment 1301020

View attachment 1301021

View attachment 1301022

View attachment 1301023

View attachment 1301024

View attachment 1301025

View attachment 1301026

View attachment 1301027

View attachment 1301028

More Later . . .
Man, when it rains, it pours......sounds like a really bad month all round, but at least you're not a quitter....and you got stuff done. :thumbsup:

The roof is looking great, and definitely works in with the trees for a good colour match.

That looks terrific!

Doesn't sound like you can catch a break, one thing after another!

Knocking out the projects . . . one at a time . . .

Can't help what life deals me, but I can keep smiling and fixing things as they break.
And be thankful that I have the abilities and capabilities to fix all these different things . . .

Not going to let this stuff get me down . . . and had a great trip with my daughter and granddaughters too ! ! !

Short Sunday update . . .

Working on the eaves trim, removing the wood they had on and replacing it with 1 x 6 boards . . .

Here's what the shop will look like with the door "adjusted" where it needs to be . . .

sm_shop560.jpg

And the fuel pump arrived here late today . . . so I got started on a "new" approach to getting it swapped . . .

sm_shop561.jpg

While I'm at it . . . I might try and "fix" a little more of the bent frame with the bed out of the way too . . .

More Later . . .

Fire in the hole . . .

Removed the bed . . . The BEST way to change the fuel pump - hands down . . .
But I had an additional incentive for doing it this way too . .

Here's the truck with the bed removed . . . yes, I did it myself . . .

sm_shop562.jpg

Look how easy it is to get to the fuel pump . . . no balancing a tank on a floor jack . . .

sm_shop563.jpg

Remove the old one . . .

sm_shop564.jpg

Glad to have that out of there . . . still hoping that this is the "cause" of the quitting . . .

sm_shop565.jpg

You can see how the bending of the frame bubbled out the side of the frame . . .

sm_shop566.jpg

And on the other side too . . .

sm_shop567.jpg

Both of them were "a-hem" adjusted to make them a little straighter and less bubble . . .
( it's called a BFH . . . a sledge hammer . . . did the trick )

The moment of truth . . . after putting it all back together . . . Fire in the hole ! ! !

Truck was broken, fixed, broken, and now fixed again . . .

Forgot to check, but the fuel gage was not working. . . So hopefully with this new pump, it's now working . . . I hope !

More Later . . .

Last edited:
MY old Boss had an '89 Chevy truck that lost a few fuel pumps in a short time.....way back when it was new. What a frustrating thing to happen.

I had a Dodge truck that lost a fuel pump I took the 8 foot bed off myself and changed the pump. I'll never drop another tank on a pickup to change the pump. Removing the bed is so much easier. With everything that has happened to you, all you can do is smile and keep going. I feel for ya.

Possible . . . New inspector in the near future . . .

After losing my Great Dane, life has not been the same at the house.
Took Saturday morning off to make a visit to a Great Dane puppy near me.

They only had (2) puppies left - brother/sister pair that are both black.
Had thoughts of "possibly" getting both of them - but the female found a new home.
They have decided on a new name for her - "Maggie Mae"

So that left me with a much easier decision - the male is on the list.
There is a 3 year old "rehome" that I'm also considering - a family is visiting him today.

Here's the little guy that I'm considering . . .

sm_shop568.jpg

Have to find out how things get resolved and then make a decision . .

Further detail on the shop build will be posted later tonight . . .

More Later

I had a Dodge truck that lost a fuel pump I took the 8 foot bed off myself and changed the pump. I'll never drop another tank on a pickup to change the pump. Removing the bed is so much easier. With everything that has happened to you, all you can do is smile and keep going. I feel for ya.

Thanks - I don't let it get me down . . . just happy that I've got ability and means to fix all this stuff as it breaks . . . One day atta time !

Possible . . . New inspector in the near future . . .

After losing my Great Dane, life has not been the same at the house.
Took Saturday morning off to make a visit to a Great Dane puppy near me.

They only had (2) puppies left - brother/sister pair that are both black.
Had thoughts of "possibly" getting both of them - but the female found a new home.
They have decided on a new name for her - "Maggie Mae"

So that left me with a much easier decision - the male is on the list.
There is a 3 year old "rehome" that I'm also considering - a family is visiting him today.

Here's the little guy that I'm considering . . .

View attachment 1304352

Have to find out how things get resolved and then make a decision . .

Further detail on the shop build will be posted later tonight . . .

More Later
Should be no hesitation!

Sorry for the delay - got some iron in the fire that needed to be attended to . . .

Was meaning to get this posted last night . . . but sh*t happens . . . ( good this time )
This time it was GOOD stuff . . .
Was supposed to meet with a 4 year old Great Dane for rehoming - but another family got first shot.
That's the reason that I went to see the little buddy that was posted above . . .
Well . . . Oberon was not rehomed by the other family so it's back in my court . . . I'll meet him on Saturday.

Please meet - Oberon - the potential next inspector . . .

oberon.jpg

Now for the updates on the shop move . . . and the metal roof installation . . .
Got the new gable trim installed on the West facing wall . . .

sm_shop569.jpg

Got started on the rake (gable) metal trim installation . . . from the roof side . . .

sm_shop570.jpg

from the side . . .

sm_shop571.jpg

Stuck a piece of the ridge vent up there to see how it's going to look . . .

sm_shop572.jpg

And got it installed too . . .

sm_shop573.jpg

Making some good progress . . .

sm_shop574.jpg

Wrapped up the East facing wall . . . got all the rake (gable) trim installed . . .

sm_shop575.jpg

And the metal roof in officially installed and completed . . .

sm_shop576.jpg

Still got some roof trim work, but needed to get the metal done before we got rain . . .
- the ends need to be worked on and buttoned up . . .
- the eaves need to be worked on and add the eaves vents - the ridge is vented, so it needs air "in" . . .

sm_shop577.jpg

What a roller coaster ride on this Dane . . . but things happen for a reason and I'm looking forward to meeting Oberon Saturday.

Almost had a little incident with the metal roof. After a whole day of walking around on the roof and getting it installed - no issues.
The next day, while working on the rake (gable) trim . . . started slipping . . . had the ladder right there . . .
Reached for the ladder with my foot . . . it starts tipping over . . .
Last minute - with both hands I grabbed the edge of the metal roof and stopped my slide - pulled the ladder back, and climbed down.

You'll see a "safety line" on the roof in all the rest of the pictures - don't know WHAT made it so slippery ( pollen ? ) . . .
By it was a difference of night and day . . . was very cautious after that . . . So Heads Up to everyone - they get very slippery !

More Later . . .

Last edited:
Should be no hesitation!

Well . . . see my previous post . . . and you'll understand . . .

Thanks for the feedback . . . Now I have an even tougher decision . . . ( oh boy )

This was the worst example of a trailer I've ever seen . . . Unbelievable . . .

Saw this driving down the road . . .
wish I had a video - the near side was bouncing up and down as much as a foot . . .
was waiting for the whole back end of that trailer to fall off
(after I got this pic I hurried up and got past this "mess" . . . )

whatamess.jpg

More Later . . .

I shortened the height on my gable trim to expose more of the white facia on mine...

Same thing only different...

Shed looks good...

0910171554a.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back