• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally!!!

I'm looking to change my front seats from those ugly racing seats I put in a while ago to replace the bench seat. I see that legendary reproduces challenger seat frames, so will those bolt to the floor of a charger?

Thanks! For some reason I really have this temptation to take my car to the 1/4 mile track in montana, (when it's running reliably) but I think I'm just gonna build this car to be a street performer that I could daily drive if needed. I'm really eager to learn, and I'm so thankful that this forum exists, because I learn a lot here!
Well,than build it the way you want to cruze. Bracket racing doesn't matter how fast you go,,,,,,,,it's about cutting a light and being consistant.Once you start with the performance "upgrades" is when the wallet opens WIDE!

Well,than build it the way you want to cruze. Bracket racing doesn't matter how fast you go,,,,,,,,it's about cutting a light and being consistant.Once you start with the performance "upgrades" is when the wallet opens WIDE!

Nice work, and hey, if its drivable by July 9th, the 4th annual Mopar Show in Fort Collins, Colorado is happening, would love you to bring it as it is, we have everything from survivors to show cars to race cars to daily drivers, its a lot of fun!

Nice work, and hey, if its drivable by July 9th, the 4th annual Mopar Show in Fort Collins, Colorado is happening, would love you to bring it as it is, we have everything from survivors to show cars to race cars to daily drivers, its a lot of fun!
Ooh I might have to. I'll see if I can! That would be great fun! I have never been to Colorado, but it's not too far away from home... will there be a swap meet?

Well I guess I'm gonna try bracket racing whenever I can get down to the strip! Down the road I want to do a 440 swap, but who knows how long that'll take me.

No swap meet at this one, just a show with cash and prize drawings and awards, no entry fee either. I will post up more details once I get the flyers.

BTW - I should have also let you know I was only 18 when I bought my first Mopar. It was a 68 GTX - and I still own t today, 45 years later. Just finished restoring it. Continued good luck on your project.

Plans for the car are FC7 Purple, Black vinyl top, and a power bulge hood w/ blackout treatment.

I see you have good taste in colour choice :thumbsup:

NZV8 reduced.jpg

Well I guess I'm gonna try bracket racing whenever I can get down to the strip! Down the road I want to do a 440 swap, but who knows how long that'll take me.

I began trying drag racing with my daily driver '70 Barracuda (not an HP version). Liked racing, but eventually bought a drag car, '65 Coronet. I bracket raced almost every warm weather weekend for 15+ years. If you can apply self discipline and control the "need for speed", bracket racing doesn't need to be expensive. I didn't control my desire to go faster and spent a LOT of money. But I see some of the Resto or Car Show guys spend at least as much as I ever did to go fast. It's all up to you. I still love racing.

Nice color combo- what color interior are you planning on?
I'm thinking black carpet, black dash, black door panels, black headliner, and then white front and rear seats. Oh and a rallye dash w/ a tuff wheel. I think that should look good in an fc7 car.

I am very proud of what you have learned and done at your age. Your work ethic will serve to make you successful in the future. Kudos!

Well yesterday and today my good friend/cousin Tanner has been helping me re-do the rear drum brakes. One side down, and 1 to go! Tomorrow I'm going to my great-uncle's car farm to pick up some rear seats and an 8 3/4 rear end!

And I picked up some good rear seats and an 8 3/4 rear! I'll swap this in w/ some new leafs, shock absorbers, etc. Does anybody know whether I'll have to lengthen or shorten my driveshaft? It's going from an 8 1/4 to the 8 3/4.

8.75 back.jpg 8.75 front.jpg 8.75 pinion snubber.jpg

And.... I just broke my finger. Damn it! I was changing the oil in my '82 ram and I had my hand up in the door jamb... and my dad came out, grabbed something out of the truck and slammed the door full force. Ouch! I went inside, cleaned it up, and I got really dizzy. Next thing I knew my head hurt and I was laying down. Must've passed out. Pretty eventful day.

Auto Transport Service
Back