• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Retro then and now.

Local time
11:26 PM
Reaction score
50 years ago I bought my first brand new car upon returning from Vietnam: A blue 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner with a 340 Magnum engine and a 727 transmission. (I regrettably ended up selling that RR some years later.)

However, 50 years later I found another beautiful blue '72 Roadrunner, also with a 340 Magnum and a 727 tranny. Needless to say, I'm happy again.

AAAAmagic1Final2.jpg

awful feeling selling something then regretting it . i have a few cases of that in my closet ! i think you choose the best way to eliminate that regret ! congrats and enjoy !!!!

For me that's what it's all about. After about 40 years new cars finally got better than the 70 era cars but the old ones take you back to simpler/better times and it feels great to take them for a drive.

Nothing like the feel behind the wheel of a 50 to 60+ year old Mopar.
Brings a smile to my face every time.

50 years ago I bought my first brand new car upon returning from Vietnam: A blue 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner with a 340 Magnum engine and a 727 transmission. (I regrettably ended up selling that RR some years later.)

However, 50 years later I found another beautiful blue '72 Roadrunner, also with a 340 Magnum and a 727 tranny. Needless to say, I'm happy again.

View attachment 1627366
That is SO cool! Congratulations on the 'new' car - enjoy!

View attachment 1627366
1710462038116.jpeg
... and more importantly, thank you to a hero for your service

Awesome! Don't tell me that's the same Jacket!?!? LOL. Seriously though, love the B1 units, you certainly don't see many in that color. My 72 Satellite started life as a B1 with white vinyl top.

That is the first time I have ever seen a 72 RR in light blue. Congrats on your new ride.

Auto Transport Service
Back