• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Find of the century... '69 Charger - HEMI 4-spd - 15 miles

I might be wrong here....but the bodywork appears a bit too 'gappy' above the headlight doors.

View attachment 1199599

View attachment 1199600

View attachment 1199601

...and for a '15 mile car' it sure could use a wheel alignment.

Spraying the negative battery link to the engine must have been an afterthought.....bolt head is clean.
View attachment 1199602

Can't wait to hear what Mr Cranium has to say about the rear bumper alignment... :D
View attachment 1199603

I've worked on these front grills, have a few 69's and have taken a lot of photos of this model, and sometimes it looks "off" as a result of optical illusion - it's a crappy photo, taken too close and there's too much distortion. I've also noticed that most people do not know how to restore these grills. I've had to fix stupid stuff that makes me wonder what the F were they thinking when they did this? I'm working on a 68 right now that is globbed up with some kind of crap....

I might be wrong here....but the bodywork appears a bit too 'gappy' above the headlight doors.

View attachment 1199599

View attachment 1199600

View attachment 1199601

...and for a '15 mile car' it sure could use a wheel alignment.

Spraying the negative battery link to the engine must have been an afterthought.....bolt head is clean.
View attachment 1199602

Can't wait to hear what Mr Cranium has to say about the rear bumper alignment... :D
View attachment 1199603

My car would beat it....:)

One thing that people miss, sometimes when thinking about these cars is this:
When these were new they weren’t intended to be shown and judged and inspected. They were built to be driven. Raced. Enjoyed.
I remember back in the ‘70’s cruising and street racing was at NIGHT! I guarantee that if you saw this thing pull up beside you at midnight on main street that it would look BADASS. Didn’t matter that it was triple green, it was tough.

Last edited:
The point of making a concourse restoration is to make it better than factory. I have work done by a guy who does concours restoration and when he addresses factory defects, he says: We're better than that. Warped panels, crooked fit ups need to be better. OEM guys are a whole other subject. They're nuts!:realcrazy::screwy:

.. and why are they always triple Green...

Because they made a **** load of F'ing green on green on green damn cars back in the 60's when that puke color was on everything. Refrigerators, ovens, sinks, toilets, tile, etc. Does nothing for that car. I don't care how good the paint job is.

They were quite fond of that Q5 turquoise color too - which is fine if it's nice and shiny,
but ages poorly and chalky old examples make a car look even older than it is.
Sort of reminds me of Earl Scheib green. :)

15 miles SINCE RESTORATION. The restorer read that removing a VIN was illegal on FBBO and left it OE, vs running the gantlet here for removing, painting and redoing the Chrysler logo courtesy of ECS.... :) :luvplace:

.. and why are they always triple Green...
Triple green is why it only has 15 miles on it.

Green has never bothered me. Some interesting choice of paint detailing on the chassis - not sure I’ve seen silver/aluminum painted leaf springs too often. And for even half that price I would like to see a picture of the date code, engine stampings verifying the born-with engine. I didn’t see much claimed other than correct this and correct that.

Obviously not numbers matching drivetrain, or they would’ve been all over that in the description. I’m not a big fan of “restorations” done by dealers.

Green has never bothered me. Some interesting choice of paint detailing on the chassis - not sure I’ve seen silver/aluminum painted leaf springs too often. And for even half that price I would like to see a picture of the date code, engine stampings verifying the born-with engine. I didn’t see much claimed other than correct this and correct that.

He had left over silver paint from the front suspension and cross member!:realcrazy:

82624CAF-D594-4BA3-A356-14533677FD1E.jpeg
The F8 dark green poly was on everything back then, even Camaros and GTOs. It made a comeback in the mid 90’s, lots of Mustangs, Vettes, and even Vipers had it. I knew when I bought my Charger I’d change the color. But I still haven’t gotten around to it! I’m leaning towards the new Plum Crazy with the front bumper painted to match. I wondered why Chrysler didn’t offer that as an option, but apparently they were contemplating it in August’69 as this Red version has.
5674EA94-11BE-448D-A16F-FE327FD1C4B7.jpeg

He had left over silver paint from the front suspension and cross member!:realcrazy:
Guess I'm crazy a well! Springs were shipped bare steel in most cases, not black like most think. "Twinkle Dinkle" is what we call the paint used on my Bee and look just fine. I ended up taking them all apart in the end anyhow, so should have just done the blast and T-9 like I did on the Dart. Here's painted and bare steel sprayed with T-9.

beerestoration2018 760.JPG

1969dartcleanupweek17 136.JPG

NOW, the Silver sway bar... that's just wrong! :luvplace:

Last edited:
Maybe bare steel was correct. I assumed they were either dipped or got a little black out spray on the assembly line. If so, I think there are better raw steel mimicking paints out there than he used.

wish him luck.

But in todays market, he might just pull it off,,,,,,might

And its 15 since restored

Maybe bare steel was correct. I assumed they were either dipped or got a little black out spray on the assembly line. If so, I think there are better raw steel mimicking paints out there than he used.

Eastwood has some that I was skeptical of but worked great! Very realistic.

The really big thing to keep in mind with this car and it's problems with fit up, or whatever is that they want nearly a quarter of a million dollars for it. For that kind of money, it better be able to bring me breakfast in bed and turn goat piss in to gasoline.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back