• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fire extinguisher mounting

pjm8047

Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
I was thinking of mounting my fire extinguisher the floor pan on the tranny hump on my RR but I really dont wanna drill any holes.I currently keep it behind the drives side bench.Should I mount it or leave it be?

I am mounting mine just to keep it in place where I want it and can quickly get at it....it's your preference but I would make sure it isn't rolling around in your car and you can retrieve it quickly.

I put a couple of strips of Velcro on the extinguisher and stuck it to the carpet behind the driver's seat.

I was thinking of mounting my fire extinguisher the floor pan on the tranny hump on my RR but I really dont wanna drill any holes.I currently keep it behind the drives side bench.Should I mount it or leave it be?

I say drill the holes. If you ever get into an accident, that extinguisher could kill you or a passenger, and a car accident is more likely than a car fire.

Maybe not fast but honestly I have never had a car fire in 55 years so I have mine mounted in the trunk, hey at least I have one.

And if you do mount it, don't just use the plastic mount you'd use in the kitchen, get a solid NHRA-legal mount.

image.jpg That is the Halon. One more regular powder under seat and one on trunk. Wiring nightmare not as bad as it looks.

Auto Transport Service
Back