• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Firecore 50 spark plug wires?

Sweet5ltr

Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
Who runs these? Read quite a few articles and forum pages online, all the reviews seem outstanding. A lot of the 'Big Boys in top fuel have switched over to them it seems... Many small and big time engine builders are swearing by them.. Just wondering how they work on a street car that is driven daily, with an MSD ignition system and coil. Don't know if I can handle another spark plug wire jumping fire and arcing after a weeks use :angryfire:
RPMad11-10REVISED.jpg

personally, i doubt they're any better than the 8.5mm msd wires for street use. i tried to deal with the firecore guy once, it didn't go well. i make my own wires anyway so i don't get lost in the hype.

No problems with them on my Super Bee for 2 years . Have MSD ignition and TTI headers.Firecore also sell a very nice distributor for street and or strip.

I won't ever buy anything else. 67 383 Hooker Super Comp headers factory routed them. No problems at all. You won't be disappointed.

Damn. I think I can find somethin else to spend that money on.

Going to cost me around $170 for custom ordered set with spark plug boot protectors on #2/#4/#6/#8 cylinder. Only $105 for a standard set that generically fits all BBM (one set for MSD, another for stock distributor) or $135 for the full custom set, where you can specify length, plug boots and angles for each individual spark plug wire, along with your choice of boot color. Boot protectors are pressed on. I feel it's a worthwhile investment, and logically if it last even only two years cost around $7 a month. A small price to pay for peace of mind in my opinion. I drive the car, unlike a lot of other cars on here, so I have different views about products other than from someone who would pull it off a trailer and idle it into a show..

I guess.

Going to cost me around $170 for custom ordered set with spark plug boot protectors on #2/#4/#6/#8 cylinder. Only $105 for a standard set that generically fits all BBM (one set for MSD, another for stock distributor) or $135 for the full custom set, where you can specify length, plug boots and angles for each individual spark plug wire, along with your choice of boot color. Boot protectors are pressed on. I feel it's a worthwhile investment, and logically if it last even only two years cost around $7 a month. A small price to pay for peace of mind in my opinion. I drive the car, unlike a lot of other cars on here, so I have different views about products other than from someone who would pull it off a trailer and idle it into a show..

440+6, orange box ignition with Jacobs coil. Firecore 50 wires? Got'em. Love'em. End of story.

hmm i use taylor spiro core never had one single issue

I guess I'm just a frikkin low life commoner. All I've ever used was stuff like Accel.

170 is fkn retarded for wires but we do sell some cermic booted sets at 150 or so.. The ceramic boots are 12/piece x8 then add in the wire cost and coil end and it does add up.

There is no difference between them (firecore) and any premium wire. I have not seen one engine dyno yet to prove any wire make more power over another wire.

The hybrid powercore wire I offer is said to provide better HP as well and it was supposedly proved at the track. Sorry but there are way to many variables to say one part made a difference unless you are on an engine dyno and all variables are controlled. Then you can accurately measure the difference.

Granatelli tried to come out and say his 0 ohm wires make 5% more hp than any other wire
5% !?!?! Thats 25 hp on a 500hp engine...LMAO!!! If the secret to making HP was that easy then everyone would be doing including the MFG from the factory.

The truth is unless the wire is compromised you arent going to see a difference right away. As the current eats away at things and the environment takes over ... then you see differences.

i put a set on my Hemi because the moroso's had been on and off so many times the ends were starting to fall apart. nice plug wire, they do seem to be providing a little hotter spark, between those and the blaster HVAC i added a few months before the wires i ended up going to one heat range colder on the plugs. between those two items it starts better and seems to run a little cleaner cruising around. didn't really see a noticeable increase in ET that could be validated. he did mine in person at the race track, gave me a pretty good deal. nothing wrong with MSD's or Accel's, i still use those also. my dart is a street car, i drive it all over the place.

roadrunnerwinter2012005.jpg

roadrunnerwinter2012008.jpg

Your case is different. If you don't put the absolute best on that thing....well.......turn in your man card. lol

The truth is unless the wire is compromised you arent going to see a difference right away. As the current eats away at things and the environment takes over ... then you see differences.

I would say mine are completely compromised.. A normal set is only $105.. It is $145 shipped for a custom order set. It is $170 once I added all the aluminum heat shields. I already have wraps, I ordered them for my last set. The wrap will go over the heat shield. Once again, drive your cars EVERY SINGLE DAY and get back with me on durability. I am the first one to look for a budget set, but after three sets have bit the dust in a year, I am willing to spend more than I normally would to get something that works and the peace of mind that goes along with it. Funny how people blow their tops over spark plug wire prices, but happily spend $275 on a MSD distributor for the 'bling factor' when their is absolutely no documented power gains worth noting. Do any of us question another person when they install $800 headers? or spend $1,000 on a stainless exhaust system? You can run with a pair of rusty exhaust manifolds and a single 2.5" exhaust system, but you can't run when you have two cylinders dead from poor quality spark plug wires..

actually the best plug wires i've found for wedges with headers are the accel extreme 9000's. they have a coated boot. i had a set i put on my belvedere over 10 years ago and there still going strong. i use to drive it daily in the summer, my pops has it now so it doesn't see as much use. only issue is your really need 2 sets, one with angle boots and one with straight boots. good thing is it gives you spares. just made a set for my roadrunner back in the summer. my buddy used a set of accel's with the hard ceramic boots on his car, those are nice wires also.

october2012016.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back