• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First 11 Second Pass

padam

Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
I’ve been close several times this year, but race more 1/8 than 1/4.

Tonight at Quaker City for test n tune, and gamblers race.
Went red 1st round of gamblers, but the car was running well, traction pretty good, and air was cool so I made 1 more tnt pass.

11.983 111.06 mph. Feels pretty good.
IMG_1764.jpeg

Your 60ft is very good for the rest of the numbers. Your suspension changes are paying off.
My mph was lower than I thought it would be. Last month at Norwalk it was 112-113.

Temp was in the 60’s last night for sure, so I’m not sure what’s going on there.

I commend you on your reaction time.
Yeah, it would be nice if I could do that when I needed too.

Last night they were
-.127 elimination

I really don’t know what is going on with the red lights. Really frustrating.

I went a whole year racing without getting beat by the other car.

Red-light every damn race. Sometimes early, sometimes later, but every race. Curses!

My mph was lower than I thought it would be. Last month at Norwalk it was 112-113.

Temp was in the 60’s last night for sure, so I’m not sure what’s going on there.
Quaker City is uphill at the end of the track. I run 120 at Quaker and have run 123 at Dragway 42.

Makes sense, thanks for the info. I was really wondering about it.

I'd be happy with life in general if the temperature would drop below 80° at night this month!
Congratulations on your benchmark!
I am extremely happy for you!!

Red-light every damn race. Sometimes early, sometimes later, but every race. Curses!
I'm usually pretty good on the tree, but for some reason Brainerd had me way off on timing the tree. I was late EVERY time.

I'm usually pretty good on the tree, but for some reason Brainerd had me way off on timing the tree. I was late EVERY time.
Yeah, you would think it wouldn’t matter, but each track has its own feel.

good job, I saw an 11.88-- (a 113 mph too)
On that other thread
find 100#s to take away & go another 1/10th faster

like 425-430hp :thumbsup: according to Wallace racing calcs

Smiley Congratulations - 4 Minions.jpg

Thanks Budnicks, that means a lot coming from a guy with your background.

My best that day ended up being 11.84 at 114.

425 doesn’t seem like much these days, but in reality my engine is pretty mild.

I was really happy with those passes. My driving is improving too, I think I have a handle on the red light problem I’ve been having all season.

I’m also getting more comfortable keeping the gas down when I shift and I think that will help in the long run.

I’m just really frustrated that it has taken most of the season to get here. Going out in the first or second round week after week gets old.

I’m also getting more comfortable keeping the gas down when I shift and I think that will help in the long run.
:lowdown: The No Lift Shift!:thumbsup:
I cut about 4/10ths by keeping the loud pedal matted.
With the 6bbl, it probably makes the biggest difference.
I only found the will to do that once I had a rev limiter in my ignition system.

:lowdown: The No Lift Shift!:thumbsup:
I cut about 4/10ths by keeping the loud pedal matted.
With the 6bbl, it probably makes the biggest difference.
I only found the will to do that once I had a rev limiter in my ignition system.
Yes I needed the rev limiter, and only this year got my trans in the condition where I can be sure not to miss.

But 30 years of habit are hard to break.

Auto Transport Service
Back