• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First car show with freshly restored R/T

1969CoronetR/T

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:11 AM
Reaction score
Went to a car show with my twin brother today in Bellevue Pennsylvania. He has the 2013 Super Snake next to my Coronet.

View attachment 118509 View attachment 118510 View attachment 118511 View attachment 118512 View attachment 118513 View attachment 118514

A nice 383 powered Road Runner that I see around Pittsburgh at the car shows.

IMG_1561[1].jpg IMG_1562[1].jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I know the fratzog emblem on the sail panel is upside down on the passenger side. The restorer put both on wrong and the emblem poked a hole in the new vinyl top. The driver side was not as noticeable and the hole was more of a dimple, but the passenger side was deeper. Any ideas on how to patch a small hole in vinyl?

You and your brother both have two sweet rides. I will need to head to some these other car shows and possibly check in and say hello.

Your R/T is looking sweet. regarding the emblem I would be asking the 'restorer' what he's going to do about it.

I have to ask him about it. Hopefully it is a simply fix instead of pulling the trim off and installing a new top at his expense. Duda, Wexford Starlite opens this weekend on Friday night and extended to Saturday for the holiday weekend.

Y2 69 Coronet owner here. Sweeeeeeeeeet! My build date is 5/28. Having a Lynch Road birthday soon.

Sonny's in love with your '68.................I don't care if the emblem is upside down, I'll take it!

I have to ask him about it. Hopefully it is a simply fix instead of pulling the trim off and installing a new top at his expense. Duda, Wexford Starlite opens this weekend on Friday night and extended to Saturday for the holiday weekend.

Mark, the car looks really nice. Your guy did the work in record time too. I'm wondering though about the grille blackout treatment. It is hard to tell from the photos you posted, but it appears he did not black out the radiator support behind the grille. The R/T should have this if it isn't already there. Just a FYI.

The support is yellow and will be changed next winter. Little pieces such as the tail light panel, power bulge inserts and the interior need touched up. He did all the work from October 2012 to May 1 2013 and I had to wait for the grille, headlight bezels and tail light panel to be anodized from Pro One Polishing. He had the parts for four months and I had him skip the anodizing as he was still a month away from finishing the parts. I had him just polish the parts and repaint. He did a mediocre job of painting the bezels and tail light panel so they we be touched up with Mike at Ray Donch Body Werks who is an excellent restorer during the next winter.

Only a Chevy guy would put that three-pointed Dodge insignia on like that. Sorry. I had a Chevy guy paint my R/T. He asked where the drivers side Pentastar was. Shelly's Auto Body on Mountain Road in Danielsville, Pennsylvania. Thief and liar. Rant over.

I called him today and he said that he would fix the mistake. In his defense, he had a other guy do the vinyl top and install the moldings and drip rails. I think he realized the upside down emblems and the holes, but decided to pass it off. The restorer has worked on many Mopars so he most likely knew of the mistake. Hell it took me until the next day to see, but I was blinded by the paint job.

Car looks awesome, I hope your little emblem problem is relatively hassle free...

Funny thing. I went to another car show that is every Friday night during the summer in Wexford Pennsylvania (Starlite Car Cruise) and I moved the emblem down to the lower hole and the pin went into top hole. Fits perfectly now and an easy fix. Does the pinch weld below the rocker molding stay body color? The piece is exposed at a distance or if you are on the ground looking up.
Thanks,
Mark

IMG_1618[1].jpg

IMG_1619[1].jpg

Mark, I missed this post or I would have went to the church car cruise. I heard they wanted to cancel all shows for 2013. You going to any Sunday or Monday.

No, I am going to Lake Erie with my family. They have on every Friday night at that church, bu the upper lot is being developed into a medical center so it has about half of the capacity as it did in prior years. Let me know when you are in the area and we can meet up.

What is that line on the left fender in the nose shot? Were the turn signal indicators factory? Had them and liked them on my 69 Sport Sat.

Auto Transport Service
Back