• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First generation charger tire size

295-50-15 on 10" rear and 215-65 on an 8" rim

IMG_20230916_191542213.jpg

I saw 15 inch wheels with the outer rings of 14 inch wheels welded to them so they could accept original hub caps, but have the choice of 15 inch tires. Now, years later like the 14's, there are few 15 inch tire choices. Is there a 16 or 17 inch by 4.5 wheel one could weld 14 inch parts to?

What colour is it? Enquiring minds would like to know >
Actually I don't know.
I was told when I bought it that it was a Chrysler color from the 70's.
(That's if memory serves me correctly)

The top of the front fenders and hood were both repainted at two different times.
A fire under the hood in 2000 and a hood change a couple years ago.
Both match fairly well with the rest of the body which was painted around 1978 from what I was told.

66 Chargers have huge wheel wells I think my tire is 15” 9.1/2 wide could take a 10 inch tire maybe on the rear Fronts are 15’s no problem

View attachment 1564929

View attachment 1564930
My Engine bay needs a detail after visiting several shows this summer! I might pull the motor Paint it rebuild the Tansmission thought about Passon Overdrive gear but have little to go on other than an article? Maybe just rebuild new seals and check it out.

My Engine bay needs a detail after visiting several shows this summer! I might pull the motor Paint it rebuild the Tansmission thought about Passon Overdrive gear but have little to go on other than an article? Maybe just rebuild new seals and check it out.
What makes this Charger cool is I get in it and haul as! Four Speeds handle unlike any other Muscle Cars just something special when It comes to speed and handling.

Auto Transport Service
Back