• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Mopar

Welcome from another SE Pa guy
:thumbsup:
Whether you decide to go with synthetic or leather accelerator pump, be sure you are getting the correct length and diameter that your particular carb# calls for.
Thanks. I see the carb stamping is 4638 SA. I will do some research tonight and see if I can come up with the right kit.

Welcome from central Pennsylvania. For what it's worth, a couple years ago at the Chrysler Nationals, I had the good fortune of meeting Herb McCandless "Mr. Four Speed" while I was gawking at one of his cars. We got into a discussion about new parts versus old, and he turned out of be a fan of leather accelerator pumps for carb rebuilds. Found this interesting, as when I drove my Mopars as daily drivers five decades ago, I was bugged by leather plungers drying out. But Herb's take was that much of the modern synthetic stuff tends to come apart prematurely. Food for thought.

welcome to FBBO

Welcome aboard & welcome to the madness. What's the history of your car, does it have the Fender Tag or the build sheet?

Welcome aboard & welcome to the madness. What's the history of your car, does it have the Fender Tag or the build sheet?
It has both and the build sheet is in great condition. I have that stored in a protective folder in my office. The first thing I did once the car was on the trailer was remove the fender tag. This car doesn't have a whole lot of options but I know how some people like to steal these things. So I figured why not just remove it now and keep it in a safe place. Outside of that, I don't know much history about it other than it supposedly being stored in a barn for several years by the previous, previous owner.

Hello from Oregon because I got evacuated from California! (It's OK, don't worry 'bout me just enjoy your car man!)

Welcome from Missouri!! Nice car!!

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten. Nice looking car, just a little lower quarter repair work, no big deal.

Welcome from Lansdale, PA, just a few miles up the road from you!

I have a 1970 Road Runner that I restored, and there are many others here with great knowledge. You have come to the right place to fix up the 'ol bird!

Hawk

Thanks! I did manage to grab one and the parts catalog too. I'm not having much luck locating parts using those numbers. Are the just few and far between or is that part number scheme just too old to use for researching? I know there is a Mopar parts catalog that goes for over $100. Could I expect anything different from that catalog??

Welcome from Lansdale, PA, just a few miles up the road from you!

I have a 1970 Road Runner that I restored, and there are many others here with great knowledge. You have come to the right place to fix up the 'ol bird!

Hawk
Lansdale!!?? No kiddin. Small world!

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten. Nice looking car, just a little lower quarter repair work, no big deal.

I'm sure once I dig in I'll find some hidden gremlins. For now I'm just trying to fix/refurbish anything that's wrong mechanically and electrically and then eventually on to the body. I just completely overhauled the entire carb and it runs SOOO much better. Trans is suspect... Think I'll be taking that on at some point...that should be fun ;)

She was pretty nasty... Did some soda blasting for the first time. Came out pretty good and I'm totally satisfied. If only I knew about vapor blasting before hand. That's amazing stuff.

h5smaq6JKJAivZf8rAap5JA4UNVHO7YNDGtUxPl1mqQVkvkFNVfmEqGMZo9Yu6L6GKRQPcRC9YSD7jxNnDmk-TR9Uk=w2400.jpg

1gqRqXfEC2oyxsXKLJDvHGtn2_KYGvEywiAXW3_zdCdYmzCg-K3fVGESuPA-cOCalaRvOF5dWDhCw_OXA1uOWSWSFc=w2400.jpg

EUn9ulEJ7B-q5SCKcUWVZqVrReo9GyhAPdjtzIIKDVSnkGROG5nc1c7ZFw0dHoaZsNYEGgUUjbVf_5dZR-7E5VreBE=w2400.jpg

egE6F6ImXYzqG4DxrXnlk1KsSsNAAe1sLdzYArUqT38gc648EMv8g4BuuyHitOGOwuOgOb04Idka8d2OIq1UOv9lHc=w2400.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back