• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Mopar

musekmkr

Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
Just picked up a 70 RR over the weekend. It's all original but definitely needs some love. I plan to keep everything as original as possible and refurbish what I can versus replacing, unless absolutely required. Where can one find an assembly manual or parts catalog that can be used as a reference for part numbers and diagrams? The first thing I plan to do is rebuild the carb (Carter AVS 4 bbl on a HP 383). There are a bunch of kits out there. Is there a particular kit that you recommend? I would prefer to buy the most comprehensive kit possible so I can do a complete overhaul.

Just a little background about me. I am born and raised outside of Philly and have been a GM (mostly Chevy) guy my whole life. I currently own and have owned a 67 Nova SS since my early 20s, which I restored then. I am currently going through "round 2" and trying to make the car a bit more modern and giving attention to the things I couldn't afford then or have shown signs of wear over the years. I've always had a love for MOPARs though I appreciate all things cars. I tend not to discriminate ;)

I have been wrenching since I have been in my teens. Worked at a BMW dealer in my late teens - early 20s but got out of the automotive tech industry in my mid 20s. I am now a server engineer and have been working in IT for the last 15+ years.

I still have love for working on cars on the side and do most of the work myself. Although I have a ton of tools and try to buy buy new tools as needed, there always seems to be a new tool that I need to add to the collection (ok by me). You can never have enough tools....or room. Body work is something I have very little experience with but I plan to change that (this car definitely needs some metal work). I prefer to take on new things, as I see them as a learning opportunity and it only builds my knowledge base.

If you got this far, thanks for listening. Any advice you can give me would be truly appreciated. I am sure I will be spending a lot of time here and asking a lot of questions.

-Bill

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest. I’ve used a couple different rebuild kits on the Carters, although I can’t remember which ones I’ve used. I’ll see if I have something on file and will let you know.

post some pictures when you get a chance.

Welcome from TN.
Find one of these Manuals :thumbsup:

Manual.jpg

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest. I’ve used a couple different rebuild kits on the Carters, although I can’t remember which ones I’ve used. I’ll see if I have something on file and will let you know.

post some pictures when you get a chance.
Great. Much appreciated!

Welcome from a fellow IT guy and gear head!

Better to find a used one on eBay as the new reproduction versions sometimes have faded print from being copied multiple times.

Also post some pictures of your car.
I found a PDF version on mymopar. This should work for now.

Welcome from Indiana. Bishko Books has the printed versions. autobooksbishko.com

Welcome from Alabama, great to have you on board.

Welcome from Michigan, the Motor City! Pics please so we can see what you're working with. 440'

untitled.png
Welcome to the best Mopar b-body website on the net!
Yes, the free PDF manuals are nice, but if you're like me, you'll want
a hard copy one sooner or later so you can toss it around the shop and
such as you work on things. Easier on the eyes, too...

Google is your friend to finding about anything in this world - and for b-body
specific stuff, just use the search box in the upper right hand of this site!

Oh, almost forgot....
:xscuseless:

Welcome from Ct. At mymopar they have parts manual also. A little hard to use online but it has exploded views of things. If you print pages as you need them.

Welcome from another SE Pa guy
:thumbsup:
Whether you decide to go with synthetic or leather accelerator pump, be sure you are getting the correct length and diameter that your particular carb# calls for.

Just tried from Google Photos but the image placeholders appeared broken. Let me upload them instead.

Auto Transport Service
Back