• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

first time caller long time listener

Hi Dillon, :welcome:
Thanks for sharing your car with us, it looks great! I'm sure you're happy with it. :)

Engine-wise, I'd go with the stroked 400 idea. Dreams like a twin turbo nelson racing 572 hemi won't be realistic; having more than hellcat power means your transmission won't survive, your rear end won't survive and your chassis won't survive. It would cost a lot more than just the engine to make a working combination. On the other hand, 3.91 gears with a 5 speed would wake up the engine you have right now.

yeah I’ve had the car for 3 years and I still haven’t made a decision. A blower car seems the funnest and the best for pulling into car shows. I’m sure just the 5 speed and gears would make it feel a lot quicker.

Well! Nice RR!! Greets from MISSOURI. I have to agree with the majority. Stroke the 400 if you MUST yank the #'s 383.. I'm one of the seemingly hated "Purists". At 51, WHEN I make any shows, I personally walk past the Dakota guaged, nitrous 30" rimmed dash thumpers & head for the OEM cars. As they say, "Your Car your $".. The 4 second Missile option? As an engine builder, I'd pass up. After 2-3 hard launches your doors, trunk lid, hood won't be ligning up well ever after. One reason you can spot a true A12 in my case,
20210107_100203.jpg

the RH lower corner of their windshields crack, from the TORQUE. Then, there's a chance down the road you decide to get into a Different car? 90% of the time, an all original as possible (Especially numbers' Matching) will sell twice as fast as a hevily modified "Resto Rod".
(Just my Op)
Cheers!
[I grew up in Van Nuys]
Quake in 89 Northridge made me leave. Mos Def missin that weather! Like, TOTALLY

20190303_103044.jpg
20201017_130729.jpg
Welcome from Iowa. I probably have some insight your looking for. I have a street driven 69 Coronet R/T 4-speed car running a 440 with a BDS 871 blower on it, BUT it took a hell of alot more than pistons and heads to run it right. Things to think about. You should have a forged crank and machine a key way for BDS hub in place of balancer. H-beam forged rods, forged pistons, of course balanced rotating assembly. By the time you get machine work and bigger valves in the 452's you just as well buy Edelbrock RPM aluminum heads with 214 intakes and 188 exhaust, 3/8 hardened pushrods to run them big valves. Aluminum heads will aid in cooling, you will need all the help you can get as blowers heat up the incoming air. Keep in mind your forcing the incoming air but the outgoing will need extra help with big exhaust valves, cam exhaust duration, big headers. I run Doug's Headers, they are perfect. High pressure fuel pump and at least 1/2 inch fuel line, she's gonna be thirsty at WOT if you starve her she will lean out and bad things will happen fast. I'm running holley 750 dp supercharger carbs they are set up to set sideways so the floats are tapered to the rear side and they have remote power valve vacuum ports for obvious reasons. Ignition upgrades and oil pump and pan upgrades are on the list also. Once its all done I got 750hp at 6 lbs boost or swap pulleys to 12 lbs boost ad VP110 gas and made just over 900hp. No doubt you will be smiling from ear to ear, listening to that blower sing, looking tough and picking on them chevys and fords....:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Welcome from Missouri!!

Well! Nice RR!! Greets from MISSOURI. I have to agree with the majority. Stroke the 400 if you MUST yank the #'s 383.. I'm one of the seemingly hated "Purists". At 51, WHEN I make any shows, I personally walk past the Dakota guaged, nitrous 30" rimmed dash thumpers & head for the OEM cars. As they say, "Your Car your $".. The 4 second Missile option? As an engine builder, I'd pass up. After 2-3 hard launches your doors, trunk lid, hood won't be ligning up well ever after. One reason you can spot a true A12 in my case,
View attachment 1077734

the RH lower corner of their windshields crack, from the TORQUE. Then, there's a chance down the road you decide to get into a Different car? 90% of the time, an all original as possible (Especially numbers' Matching) will sell twice as fast as a hevily modified "Resto Rod".
(Just my Op)
Cheers!
[I grew up in Van Nuys]
Quake in 89 Northridge made me leave. Mos Def missin that weather! Like, TOTALLY

I will die before I drive a stock car so the next guy can have a nice one haha. I paid a lot of money to have my dream car and I’m going to build it for myself. I do appreciate the advice but I need some unnecessary horsepower in my life.

Yo from the central coast. I take it from your thread headline, you've watched " Gross Point Blank"?

Auto Transport Service
Back