• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiTech efi

Keep us posted,please. Inquiring minds want to know !

I'm in. Momma has a sister in Tracy, & a brother in Dublin. They can come visit/entertain her. Got a hotel recomendation ? Gives me a base to operate from.
The TBI unit came in over the weekend; not going to see the FCC until the end of the September at the earliest. In the meantime I have to weld the AF bung to the header collector and then have the headers ceramic coated. When the stars align to begin the install I'll PM you.

- - - Updated - - -

i have 3 of the systems sitting here, they are all going on 440s. one in a 1967 R/t (all stock magnum) , one in a 1974 d100 (stock with a performer intake , and 1 on a 1972 B van (engle k54, headers, & street dominator intake)

- - - Updated - - -

the stock pump just fill the accumulator (command center) there is a high pressure pump inside the command center that supplies the injectors. there is no good place to put the command center on a 1967 r/t. the unit is about 6.5-7" x 9ish" i am doing an inline pump with return line to tank on this one

Magvan - you're going to be the FiTech go-to guy by the time you're done!

That's the biggest issue with the FCC, it takes up so much real estate. On the Coronet I'm either moving the battery to the trunk or extending the wiring to the horn and mounting it to the radiator support.

I don't know guys but I don't think a canister of gasoline under the hood with a high pressure pump inside is the best of ideas. Maybe I'm wrong but I know of no major car manufacturer that does this kind of setup.Why in the world would you want two pumps that could fail. If cash is your main concern I would think a $1000 carb would be a better idea and you'd save even more dough.

I hear you Yatzee; most everything's a compromise. I had already committed to EFI, in fact I just returned the other guy's system and fuel pump. So the price differential between FiTech and the other mfgs. is significant, but I also believe they've built a better mousetrap. Easier to install, much easier to return back to stock. The other consideration is that FAST is not compatible with my Petronix distributor because it doesn't have a tach output. FiTech is compatible. Another $400 I don't have to spend.

The canister holds about a quart, and I thought I read somewhere that it has a built-in rollover valve, but I couldn't find anything about it on their website. No doubt the canister should be securely mounted for safety.

I can go by there shop and take a tour.. I waiting till I have the money and this is on my list.. I plan on running the Tanksinc tank with in tank pump...

I hear you Yatzee; most everything's a compromise. I had already committed to EFI, in fact I just returned the other guy's system and fuel pump. So the price differential between FiTech and the other mfgs. is significant, but I also believe they've built a better mousetrap. Easier to install, much easier to return back to stock. The other consideration is that FAST is not compatible with my Petronix distributor because it doesn't have a tach output. FiTech is compatible. Another $400 I don't have to spend.

The canister holds about a quart, and I thought I read somewhere that it has a built-in rollover valve, but I couldn't find anything about it on their website. No doubt the canister should be securely mounted for safety.
I had been thinking about that Molotov under the hood myself. It occurred to me about adapting the impact switch Ford put in the trunk of the mid/late 80s cars. Would trip with a modest impact, sorta like a circuit breaker. Resettable, too.

I suppose when it comes to high pressure fuel the less the number of fittings used the better. Every one is a potential for leakage and under pressure the fuel sprays in a fine mist that's nearly unnoticeable. This I would not want under the hood. The system I installed has only 7 JIC fittings in total and only five on the high side. It would be interesting to get a first hand report on their product especially if it maintains pressure when the car is static. You need not compromise originality to install some manufacturer's offerings but I hear what you're saying. If I were to install their system I would first look at their track record (which obviously doesn't exist) so that in the event of trouble I could count on them to resolve their engineering short comings. Money saved on something that doesn't work properly is no money saved at all.
I hope everything works out great for you - EFI is absolutely fantastic.

thank but i would never want a pressured tank under the hood with Gasoline. Even 1 quart of gas will blow the wind shiled of a car completely out. Imagine if it happened at 60 miles per hour. Save your money and get a return line system, nothing that is safety oriented is worth 500.00!

The tank is not under pressure, it just act like a big fuel bowl on a carburetor.
The thing is that you need to route a vent hose from the command center to your fuel tank.
I´m with you on this, I would also run a return line and an in tank fuel pump.
The Fitech system looks very interesting, but I will probably wait and hear some more feedback on this system.

There are a few reviews on this sytem at classicbroncos.com

Last edited:
The tank is not under pressure, it just act like a big fuel bowl on a carburetor.
The thing is that you need to route a vent hose from the command center to your fuel tank.
I´m with you on this, I would also run a return line and an in tank fuel pump.
The Fitech system looks very interesting, but I will probably wait and hear some more feedback on this system.

There are a few reviews on this sytem at classicbroncos.com
What are the reviews like on that site? I want to stop by their shop and check it out.. See it up close and personal like..

What are the reviews like on that site? I want to stop by their shop and check it out.. See it up close and personal like..
All reviews I have read ( corvette forum, mustang, bronco, fabo forum) has been nothing but positive.
I´m in the middle of deciding what carb to buy, but I might just go for this efi instead. If I want to stroke or go nitrous or boost, I don't have to change carb again, just tap in the changes and go for it. I really like the nitrous and boost features, Also like that everything is built in in the throttle body, no need to put more stuff in the engine bay. I also planned on mounting an afr gauge in my car, with this I don't have to, 200 bucks saved.

hey, fellow swede here who's looking on this as well - pm me so we can talk and bounce ideas between us

i found these guys a while back and they looked pretty solid and the price is right! I have a couple of friends with the fast setup and I wasn't really impressed. It was a bear to get all the bugs and learning worked out.

Regarding the fuel sump tank under the hood....my Edelbrock E-Street EFI came with one and it works great. No issues so far. The only thing I don't like about EFI is if something goes wrong....where the hell do you start? With traditional carb systems its a matter of a fuel, spark and compression. With efi and electronics its a lot of phone calls to the tech line.

Most of these systems are pretty basic and use off the shelf parts other than ECU..

CornetDarter showed me this EFI system when we stopped by - it looks really cool and I would certainly consider it for future builds. Getting all the wiring to look clean in my engine compartment certainly a chore for my FAST system.

By the way, for the record: I put almost 6000 miles on my FAST system on my cross country trip. From sea level to 10,000 and everywhere else it performed flawlessly. I am still really pissed at the lousy support and run-around I received, but the system itself, once installed and tuned, seems to work really well. If this FITech system works well then a major hassle of wiring other EFI systems is reduced.

As far as the canister system to feed the fuel injection: My two cents is that it is ideal to have the pump in the tank like OEMs do - there is a reason why they do that. Having said that, sometimes you need to make compromises. If the tank is well installed and plumbed, then I don't see the big deal with it. Yes, you will have some extra fuel in the front of the car, and an accident could put you at some more risk of a fire. Again, with some thought and a well placed location, I don't see why it can't work well...

FCC just delivered

Came from work today to find a present at the front door. The FCC from FiTech arrived. It's a good looking unit and not nearly as tall as I had imagined. The kit comes with two brackets, 5' of FI hose, fittings and hardware. Sweet!

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

Originally I figured that the horns and horn relay would have to be moved, and I still may relo them to the other side of the rad support. This is just a mock up, I'm still a long ways from installing the unit. Once the engine along with the AC is installed I'll have a better understanding of exactly where to mount this.
IMG_3023.jpg

Looks really nice, and not as big and clunky as I imagined it!

I agree you should get some of the major components installed and then figure out the best place for it. With a slight offset, might it even be able to fit UNDER thee stock battery location? Just brain-storming...

Auto Transport Service
Back