• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fitting E-body steering wheel

willem

Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am about to purchase an e-body steering wheel. I was wondering though, will it fit without additional parts? I have a 1972 Dodge Coronet, and the steering wheel in the add looks like this:

e-body wheel back.JPG e-body wheel front.JPG

Three is a factory steering wheel adapter out there. I'll look for pics.

Cars use the 3467186 adapter. Truck adapters have different splines.

3467186_tuff_adapter_03.jpg 3467186_tuff_adapter_04.jpg

thx 67Charger, i'll order one of those (used though, they seem to be very expensive)
one question though: doesn't this move the steering wheel further towards the driver? i mean: is it comfortable having an e-body steering wheel setup in a b-body car? Is it common practice? I cant really find pictures of examples

47467FE4-355F-4BF5-A9DF-A8B95971B06D.png
Double check the ergo before spending. I had an E type wheeland the diameter was too big. Knee stuck close to seat getting in. I prefer a smaller diameter and less dish IF you have power steering. Went with this Momo. Similar diameter and dish as the Grant G/T it replaced.

Last edited:
I think that adapter is originally for the Tuff Wheel but any E body wheel should fit it but you need the 3 tiny tapered nuts.
It should be OK because the E body wheels are fairly flat but where it exactly ends up not sure.
My B body wheel is quite dished.
It may come down to what you like as far as the position and diameter of the wheel.

Well, at the moment i have the original wheel as in this picture below. I think the sitting position already is pretty/very close to the wheel itself! I was hoping the e-body wheel would give me a bit more room

coronet original wheel.jpg

I don't think it will give you more room. As Dennis H said reduce the diameter of the steering wheel might be more in line with what you want to achieve.
I actually fitted a repro Tuff Wheel to my Challenger and it is good. More room and the horn etc is easy to hook up.

I have the 72 2-spoke you pictured and a tuff wheel. The 2 spoke is the same diameter as what you have now. The tuff wheel is about an inch smaller. I have late model Challenger Drag Pack seats in my 71 challenger and they sit a bit higher than stock. I had to use the tuff wheel for the space.

Auto Transport Service
Back