• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fixing the Fury

It has a 440, I am not positive on the transmission other then its an automatic and if I remember correctly from the last time we tried to get it running, its got a push button transmission jerry rigged into the floor shifter, it only starts in neutral. It had an electric fuel pump for a while but i think its back to a mechanical one now. Whatever setup the engine has, it has a very aggressive cam from the sounds it makes while it idles.

My personal project car is a 67 El Camino so I am just starting to figure out the mystery’s of mopar.

View attachment 1141621
'64 was the first year mopar offered a floor shift auto; but this feature kept the cable shift (used for the buttons). This was retained in '65 as well, despite no longer having push buttons. I'm biased always liking the buttons - those were legendary in the days of drag racing early b-bodies. If not for these, I'd just have to have a 4 speed.

Wow! That's a beauty! Sorry to hear that your Dad passed, but I'm glad you are carrying on with it.
Welcome aboard.

My dad was fixing up his 64 Plymouth Fury for most of my life before he passed away fifteen years ago. Now that I have my own home and enough garage space, my mom has let me bring it out here to start working on.

It needs de-mousing and just a going through to figure out what all my dad was doing to it. Let this be a note to all of us to keep a notebook or something so the people who come behind us aren’t left playing detective!View attachment 1141469

Wow, thats a really nice Fury! I like how classic it looks. In did a 24 Hours Of Lemons Rally in a 68 4dr Fury and it was such a nice ride. Looks like you'll be on the road in no time once you un-mouse it.

Auto Transport Service
Back