• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

flex plate question

Bone

Reaction score
I have a R3 340 block bored and stroked to 358 with an aftermarket 8 hole Kellogg crank going with a SB 727, 10 in torque converter. All internally balanced. I recently purchased a fly wheel from hughes performance. When I received the fly wheel I noticed there were no teeth for the starter to engage. Am I missing a part or do I have the wrong part? I am new to motors/driveline and admittingly ignorant. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Welcome aboard and thanks you for joining the forum!
-The flywheel is like an X
-The starter turns the Torque Convertor on MOPARs

Yeah, no worries man!
As a very good friend of mine always says: "No worries, it can be fixed, repaired or replaced"

So, welcome to the Forum!
Tell us about yourself and your car.

I see your living in Montana.
East or West?
Near the Missoula?
Fly fish?

from billings Montana
long time lurker. I actually have two cars in various states of disrepair
the one referenced in this post is a 69 coronet that I making into more or less a protouring car
358 R3 engine 500 horse with 200 shot of nos, cope racing trans
mini tubed, sub frame connectors, torque box x, front member and fender bracing.
I have shaved all the marker lights and the drip rails over the doors
grafted a 68 charger bumper on the back with a custom rear valance
on the front I have removed the bumper and made a custom front bumper out of sheet metal
firm feel suspension upgrades through out including suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes
exhaust dumps planed but not done yet
17x9 wheels on the front, 17x12 on the back
I have included some recent pics

I really appreciate all the knowledge on the site and the help you all have given me today and in the past

IMG_2192.jpgIMG_2193.jpgIMG_2194.jpgIMG_2195.jpgIMG_2196.jpg

Back