• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

flip gas cap

Stubby

Local time
3:49 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this part number BN167S will fit my 66 satellite. its listed for a 67 gtx are they the same panel from year to year.

thanks

As far as I know, the gas fill area is the same for 66 and 67 Belvedere, Satellite, and GTX, so it should fit with no problem on your 66 Satellite.

Does it include trim ring? You need that. Not sure about filler neck. Original owner put one on my car without trim ring, pissed gas out filler neck. Maybe somebody will post a picture of 67 GTX filler neck.

I once thought there was a minor difference in the quarter panel stamping but I was corrected in a previous thread several years ago - told that the panel is the same for both and should be able to replace standard cap with correct bezel ring and flip top cap.

There's a seal that goes between the filler neck and the aluminum trim ring.

Caps are relatively easy to find used since they were on all 67-69 Barracudas as well as 67 GTX.

The trim ring and seal is a different story since they were ONLY on the 67 GTX.

I want to say megaparts has just the seal and ring.

be careful on pricing IIRC mega was the cheapest at about $100, but there are afew places that think they are worth double that.

...and in another interesting re-purposing episode-

The tamper resistant screws used to attach the trim ring are the same screws used to attach the radio on 80's 5th Avenues!

Auto Transport Service
Back